Prospect Info: Leafs draft pick JJ Piccinich named captain of the London Knights

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Good for him, seems like a good kid.
I think this will be the highlight of his career though.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Good for him. Prospects learn different things at different times. Can right I guy off while still playing junoir. Having another captain of the London Knights in our organization is never a bad thing.

1. Marner
2. Griffiths
3. Piccinich

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
Good for him. Prospects learn different things at different times. Can right I guy off while still playing junoir. Having another captain of the London Knights in our organization is never a bad thing.

1. Marner
2. Griffiths
3. Piccinich

And we used to have Scott Harington ;)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's a good, hard-working forward. He's a little bit overshadowed by the pure skill in this pipeline, but he is the type of strong fore-checker Babcock seems to like, and he scores well with skill. Really, he's not that much unlike Hyman. Doesn't project to be much more than a good two-way 2nd or 3rd liner.

I can see him getting a contract if he goes a little bit over a PPG with London this year. His game away from the puck and in the dirty areas would be enough on top of that for him to be worth a shot on an ELC.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

1. Marner
2. Griffiths
3. Piccinich

Wasn't former Leaf Jason Allison Knights Captain ? :sarcasm:

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
When JJ was drafted he was touted as a skilled playmaker. I have a friend who went to school in Boston and I remember they told me a year or two ago that he just needed a chance to show it. Pretty cool to see him as a captain now, let's hope he keeps progressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad