Pre-Game Talk: Leafs-Dallas | December 23rd 2014 | OH GREAT, SEGUIN. JUST WHAT WE NEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
(sigh).

17 of 22 on the road has started 0-3-0. Talks of collapse have returned. It's Christmas and Randy Carlyle is still our coach. It's Christmas and the Leafs are in a playoff spot.

So, business as usual in Leaf Land.

AND GUESS WHO IS PAYING US A LITTLE VISIT?!?!?!? TYLER ****ING SEGUIN.

EXACTLY THE PERSON WE ALL WANTED TO SEE, AT HIS VERY MOMENT!!!!

*deep breath*

Okay.

Jonathan Bernier will start. Robidas will likely be back in the lineup.

OH YEAH, CARLYLE WILL PUT JVR, BOZAK AND KESSEL BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A CL- because,he doesn't have a clue.

The Leafs drive me insane.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
(sigh).

17 of 22 on the road has started 0-3-0. Talks of collapse have returned. It's Christmas and Randy Carlyle is still our coach. It's Christmas and the Leafs are in a playoff spot.

*deep breath*

Okay.

OH YEAH, CARLYLE WILL PUT JVR, BOZAK AND KESSEL BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A CL- because,he doesn't have a clue.

Paging the core.
It's not the Winnik/Santorelli/Robidas that need to end the skid, it's the 55 million committed to the core of this team that needs to stop the slide. I think we all know who I'm talking about. If these guys are not the best players on either side, if they mail in an effort, then they are the wrong guys.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seguin's a standard case. GTA boy, grew up a Leafs fan and has made a habit of burning the Leafs almost every time we play him.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Write down in the loss column for the Leafers.... maybe, at least, 5 goals against.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I hope Seguin lets loose on us cause I got him in my pool and he is KILLING it :D

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We needed to bank points again Carolina and Philly, because it's going to be a long and treacherous road ahead before the schedule is somewhat favorable again.

If we are still holding down a wildcard spot when the dust settles, I will consider the upcoming part of the schedule a success.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
(sigh).

*deep breath*

Okay.

I think they would drive you less insane if you just realize that they not a very good team. I could care less about their winning streak, we all know its coming back to earth sooner or later.

Good thing is, Dallas is terrible, so the Leafs have a chance here.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I think they would drive you less insane if you just realize that they not a very good team. I could care less about their winning streak, we all know its coming back to earth sooner or later.

On the contrary - check out their record against teams over .500 vs those under .500. Statistically this season, we have far less of a chance against Dallas.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They have a good chance to beat the Stars. The Stars play the same high risk style that the leafs do so it should be a toss up.

Pretty much Spezza/Hemsky are everything that drives us crazy here.
Looks like a 7-5 game to me.

TheDeez91

Dec 19, 2014
North Bay, Ontario
Dallas will be the first of a series of tough road games ahead. This is the true test to see if the Leafs have improved from last year. If the Leafs lose bunch on this trip I really don't see how Carlyle and Nonis would still have jobs come end of January.

Wouldn't mind seeing both Carlyle and Nonis gone. Mark Hunter could take over as new GM and he could call his brother Dale to coach. If Dale is unavailable there are options available. What do you guys think?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
(sigh).

*deep breath*

Okay.

You want a Snickers?

silentbob37*

OH GREAT, SEGUIN. JUST WHAT WE NEED

Ya, I think he would be just what we need...........

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

The Leafs have a chance here. :biglaugh:

Just like they had a huge chance against a poor Canes team! :biglaugh:

Just like they had a good chance against the Flyers! :biglaugh:

Go Losers Go. :p:

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Go Leafs Go
Both teams play an open game, so should be exciting. We can win this.
I predict 4-3 Leafs.
Hopefully the lines are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad