Post-Game Talk: Leafs complete their annual October punking by LA

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
We've had something like 30 "additions that just haven't worked" since this coach has been in place. I suppose that could just be a coincidence, but I have my doubts that's all it is,
This is true of almost every team. Player movement is huge in the NHL with some players working and others not so much.

The turnover rate is huge year to year.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Sometimes after reading articles on "Editor-In-Leaf" for a few fleeting fantastical moments I think that "gee whizz that sounds a lot like a certain someone I've read stuff by" here and usually after a loss.

Hmmmm he sits and wonders as he strokes his black German Shephard dog.

i see the dubites are no less delusional.
Part of their charm really!

Reactions: LeafSteel

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They likely have more will because they play at a higher pace with disregard for their own physical well-being and have a track record of real success. That’s how you can tell a group has will vs one that has a questionable reputation. Actions.

Success is how you can tell a team has will?

McDavid has no will, interesting.

Eichel only had will when he joined Vegas.

MacKinnon only had will one season.

How do you define disregard for their own physical well being? Matthews has lead series in hits and blocks, is that not enough? Is it how many times they get hit? What is the metric?

Eichel had a questionable reputation too.

Your whole post is just "trust me they have less will".

It is just another talking point cause no one has real answers, that's all it is.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
This team was better it's first year with Mathews than it is now. What a joke this franchise is. They will not beat Boston. This team has regressed and will barely make the playoffs. This whole experiment is starting to wreak. Fire Keefe , he can't get these guys to play and he never has.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This team was better it's first year with Mathews than it is now. What a joke this franchise is. They will not beat Boston. This team has regressed and will barely make the playoffs. This whole experiment is starting to wreak. Fire Keefe , he can't get these guys to play and he never has.

I don't disagree we could use a better coach but holy overreaction the Leafs are not going to miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Arzak

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

The construction of this team is confusing and poor, Keefe has always gotten regular season results... this team just looks like a mess.

I am hoping with time they gel, but right now it looks like a very poorly constructed team with no identity.

Reactions: Leterman

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I don't disagree we could use a better coach but holy overreaction the Leafs are not going to miss the playoffs.
They are barely in now and have played more games than nyi and Florida. Florida won't miss the playoffs. Woll is 1.89 and we have the last wild card. SAMsonov only lost 1 game.We lost O Reilly, Accarri and Schenn and signed 4 duds no one wanted. This franchise is Mickey mouse league.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
This is true of almost every team. Player movement is huge in the NHL with some players working and others not so much.

The turnover rate is huge year to year.
Sure, but aside from maybe Bunting which "additions" since Keefe started in 2019 would you consider successes?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Get Jarnkrok off of Matthews line and get Knies up there…

Load up the top 2 lines and don’t worry about trying to force offense from a third line with Kampf at centre

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bert-Tavares-Nylander
Domi-Holmberg-Jarnkrok
Gregor-Kampf-Reaves

Ideally Reaves wouldn't be in the line up... Recall Steeves or McMann:

Domi-Holmberg-Steeves
Gregor-Kampf-Jarnkrok

Or

Domi-Holmberg-Jarnkrok/McMann
Gregor-Kampf-Jarnkrok/McMann

Get back to using Kampf at his strength which is leading a strong defensive checking line.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Sure, but aside from maybe Bunting which "additions" since Keefe started in 2019 would you consider successes?
Depends on what you mean by success?

Jarnkrok and Kamph have been exactly as advertised.

Lafferty and Accairi were fine last year.

In the salary cap era with a cap that has barely risen in 4 years it seems almost impossible to round out a roster.

You either have to overpay, or give too much term for guys who actually produce at the bottom 6 level.

Or you constantly try the PTO market and hope you find a diamond in the rough.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
No, no, no - Mitch is only at 10.9.

Paul Henderson's dad told him to always fire the first shot at the goalie's head.
I have an old signed Henderson jersey from when I was a young minor hockey player when he lived on lyngrove maybe he still does .. my dad's favorite was Paul

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
We need to start recording, by member and number, types of reaction to our seasons, month to month, year over year to provide a record of the emotional rollercoaster entailed in being a Leafs fan, in hopes...that we can learn from it and respond accordingly.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Didnt he have Knies in the top 6 last playoff? And take a bunch of shit for overplaying Sandin in his first playoff?
No, and no. Knies spent most of the playoff on the third line, and Sandin played #6 in his first playoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad