Claimed off Waivers: Leafs claim McElhinney from Blue Jackets

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
i wonder if this is us giving up on ramo? When we signed ramo to the pto with the marlies, and brought up bibeau, i figured bibeau was just filling in while ramo got healthy. But that was over a month ago, and i haven't been following the marlies too closely, is ramo even on the team anymore?.

He played three games with a .880 SV% before the surgery. I don't think the Leafs are really counting on him much this season TBH.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Teams go through plenty of backups. It's nothing new.

Just seemed like they went through alot the last while. I didn't mean guys who've only played a couple games in the NHL before never being heard from again. I meant guys who've had a pretty lengthy career either before or after joining the Leafs.

Anyway, I don't see no difference between Enroth and McElhinney, I'll stay out of your hair from now on.

Last edited:

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
The Maple Leafs did put Enroth in positions to fail but it's a #2 goaltenders job to be ready at any point in a game.

Enroth was a small goalie that tried to be a big goalie. I can't explain how bad he was and I was one of the many that got really excited when he signed here. Really good backup goaltenders find a way to come through at least once in a blue moon. Enroth was never put in a situation to steal games but he was expected to at least keep them in it. The Toronto defensive play has not been that bad this season. Of the 70 goalies that have made appearances this season, Enroth's numbers are bottom 5.

If McElhinney can put up a save percentage around .910 and a GAA around 2.80, he'll be fine.

The leafs have been brutal defensively in recent games. Their most reliable defenseman this season has been Jake Gardiner. Nuff said.

Andersen has stolen some points here and there but they needed an experienced back up to take some pressure off.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
:laugh:

Says a lot about the Leafs, doesn't it...

Great example of spitting into the wind.

But more seriously, they have beaten the Caps, in Washington, three weeks ago.

Their record against teams in the playoffs in the East (based on points %) is 7-4-2.

Not great, but not bad.

You realize that team has 7 rookies and just finished last in the NHL, right? You are acting like they should be able to beat everyone in the NHL every night.

They have poor games. Leafs beat a lot of good teams last year with our scrub roster. Leafs beat the cup winning pens team last year with our roster of plugs, guess Crosby is trash.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Amazing how Habs fans come out in droves after beating the Leafs. When they play a contender like Washington. Guess that AHL squad wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Habs beat Washington in regulation, in Washington, 3 weeks ago. The first home game after a long road trip ( 7 game road trip in the Habs case) is always the hardest for any team.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Just seemed like they went through alot the last while. I didn't mean guys who've only played a couple games in the NHL before never being heard from again. I meant guys who've had a pretty lengthy career either before or after joining the Leafs.

Anyway, I don't see no difference between Enroth and McElhinney, I'll stay out of your hair from now on.

The last three drafts we picked 1, 4, 8. Not a good place for below average back up goalies due to the putrid defence.

However this year is different. Defence is much better, PK is near top in the league.

Enroth just sucks really bad this year.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Bit of a no-brainer. Bibeau should not be riding pine, we went from Enroth to CMac and got a 7th rounder to boot.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I wonder if this is us giving up on Ramo? When we signed Ramo to the PTO with the Marlies, and brought up Bibeau, I figured Bibeau was just filling in while Ramo got healthy. But that was over a month ago, and I haven't been following the Marlies too closely, is Ramo even on the team anymore?

McElhinney is nothing special, but hopefully he's good enough to play on back-to-backs, Andersen needs the rest - we've definitely been overplaying him.

Ramo has played 3 games.

3.80 GAA

.880 save %

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You realize that team has 7 rookies and just finished last in the NHL, right? You are acting like they should be able to beat everyone in the NHL every night.

They have poor games. Leafs beat a lot of good teams last year with our scrub roster. Leafs beat the cup winning pens team last year with our roster of plugs, guess Crosby is trash.

You probably missed the "More seriously".

The part preceeding that was more of a gentle reply to the poster mocking the Canadiens. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad