GDT: Leafs @ Caps Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Oh well, happy to get the 1 point from a team like Washington.

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
Our 4 in front of the net waving Thierry sticks defence doesn't work. But why switch things up. Best coaching ever.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
So frustrating. We need to upgrade our d badly, ****. It's not hard to predict our choke jobs when we got 3 competent D. I like Kadri's game a lot, but I'm getting fed up with him sucking on face-offs.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Our defense blows. We aint going anywhere without that a shutdown D man or with the way Blowzack and JvR play in thier own end.

Babcock most overated coach in history...should have signed Tots instead at least he doesnt play favorites and holds players accountable instead of playing favoritism.

Take a deep breath. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I blame kadri for waking up Ovie. Ovie was sleeping thru this game then Kadri takes a run at him. Ovie now angry guess what took over the game and wins it.

Sometimes kadri has to realize that he has to let guys sleep thru games

There is not any reason the Leafs need to worry about protecting Carrick he is useless. A poor version of Ian White

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
was not at fault, he took kuznetsov to the outside, was covering him, komo falls on the ice and it's a wide man in front(OVY) and a clean crisp pass and it's in the net. Rielly was responsible for the 3rd goal but not this one or the 2nd

You're not going to convince him, it's not worth it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Where the **** was Rielly? He blew the zone and went up and left Zaitsev all alone. Sink down and cover OV, FFS. Kadri's also gotta cover OV.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I wish people would realize it's not on top pairing personnel. It's about team defence. So much is on how much support D have from forwards in today's NHL.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Terrible decision to put Kadri and Komarov out. As soon as I saw that i knew it was over. I dont understand how Babcock doesnt get it

Kadri is fine, but Komo is not a great choice. Would have been better putting Sosh instead if he wanted a defensive presence.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
We were lucky to escape that game with a point.

Not only were we outplayed, but we blew yet another 3rd period lead (x2).

At some point this has to stop. I imagine we've already set a record in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad