Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That's a surprise. Didn't think he would play on the trip. Nice to have 3 guys now that all seem like legitimate options... as long as Murray can stay healthy.

This game should be a W. Be nice to be 3-1 on the trip going to Jersey next. Hopefully they don't look past it.

Reactions: Buds17 and Altair

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
That's a surprise. Didn't think he would play on the trip. Nice to have 3 guys now that all seem like legitimate options... as long as Murray can stay healthy.

This game should be a W. Be nice to be 3-1 on the trip going to Jersey next. Hopefully they don't look past it.
They always find ways to lose in Van city and they haven't won there for years.

With that said they won their last game in Buffalo, these guys are just too unpredictable.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Murray appears to be the starter

Interesting to see. Now we have our goalies. Murray and Sammy. With Woll if somebody gits hurt. In the playoffs, some players even run over goalies. They are trying to bruise them up and taking em out. Glad we got schenn and mccabe now for that D-game. Also acciari lafferty and bunting finna defend our gezoalies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
There was a little Murray
And he had a little worry
Right in the middle of his hamstring.
When he was good
He was very, very good
But when he was bad he was stinking.

Last edited:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Hope he makes it out of the pre game warm up this time…….maybe tell Willy not to shoot on him and make him made

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Why? Time to move on from this dude. No use feeding him any starts when it's clear that Samsonov is the better goaltender and Woll has played very well in the few games he's gotten into this year.

Murray is excellent on the road but sucks at home. Samsonov is the opposite.

Samsonov: 17-2-1, .926% at home. 5-6-1, .899% away.
Murray: 4-1-1, .888% at home. 7-4-1, .921 away.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
They always find ways to lose in Van city and they haven't won there for years.

With that said they won their last game in Buffalo, these guys are just too unpredictable.
They have won exactly 2 games in Vancouver since 2010.

These little streaks/slumps in sports are perplexing and interesting.

Except for the fact they play more games in Buffalo this actually seems worse.

Vancouver also almost never wins in Toronto

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Why? Time to move on from this dude. No use feeding him any starts when it's clear that Samsonov is the better goaltender and Woll has played very well in the few games he's gotten into this year.
Technically it's clear that samsonov is the sturdier and healthier goalie. When he was playing Murray looked good and they were pretty even

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Murray is excellent on the road but sucks at home. Samsonov is the opposite.

Samsonov: 17-2-1, .926% at home. 5-6-1, .899% away.
Murray: 4-1-1, .888% at home. 7-4-1, .921 away.
That can be our strategy in the playoffs if he's healthy. Start Samsonov at home and Murray on the road.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Wow, did not expect to see Murray here.

I was hoping that we would see more of Woll to be honest.

It just feels like we should be giving Murray as much rest and time off as possible for the next 10 games or so, and get him back in the final 10 games to keep him sharp and game ready.

No question when he's healthy he runs with it, but keeping him healthy continues to be a challenge. I'm not confident that he makes it to the playoffs healthy to be honest. That's not a slight or jinxing him, it's just being honest.....

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

It just feels like we should be giving Murray as much rest and time off as possible for the next 10 games or so, and get him back in the final 10 games to keep him sharp and game ready.

No question when he's healthy he runs with it, but keeping him healthy continues to be a challenge. I'm not confident that he makes it to the playoffs healthy to be honest. That's not a slight or jinxing him, it's just being honest.....

They have been saying for probably over 2 weeks Murray was likely ready by this weekend. He's been practicing for well over a week I believe.

I don't know why it's such a surprise Murray is now healthy when they said he would be.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

You need to get him in games though. Waiting 10 more games doesn't make sense. In a ideal scenario, Murray and Samsanov play the rest of the way and when you have clinched home ice, then you play Woll.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
We’re going to need a healthy Matt Murray if we’re going on a playoff run.

I don’t have any faith in him but we’re going to need him.

Reactions: Clark4Ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad