GDT: Leafs@Canucks 9PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I think Vancouver is forgetting where the Centre of the Hockey Universe is !

200w.webp

Maybe the Leafs moved it to allow Connor McDavid to be able to watch the game from Edmonton after his dinner?

Never too early to get acclimated to your eventual new team.

Reactions: NiftyMits

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Maybe the Leafs moved it to allow Connor McDavid to be able to watch the game from Edmonton after his dinner?

Never too early to get acclimated to your eventual new team.

Marner thinks 2 steps ahead of everyone on the ice.
Pookie thinks 4 steps ahead of everyone.

Reactions: Pookie

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Ummmmm. Hello?

9PM????

This is not a convenient time for us in Toronto.

4PM PST. This is what we told you it would be going forward.

Incompetence
They whined and complained every year about having to play/watch at 4pm on a Saturday at home and they got their wish.

They would rather lose out on playing host to the sport's biggest stage and all the benefits of that exposure. Remember, HNIC is just a showcase for the opposing team at this point, and not even the Leafs get that level of attention from it. They care more about the time of day so they are awarded a weekday game when rush hour traffic will be a nightmare. Good job Vancouver, in an effort to make yourself more relevant, you've done the opposite.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I thought Kadri was back based on practice lines yesterday.
Brown and Goat are out.
Petan draws in as 4th line centre.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Canucks were shutout in their last game and shutout in their last game against us, so I expect them to be hungry. Plus they are probably going to play with a chip on their shoulder knowing they managed to get the Leafs playing a late game.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Boston won again last night, so we need to win tonight.

Boston is scary and if they don't slow down it's going to be ugly for us. Canes came out flying, hitting everything they could. In the first period they had gotten Boston more concerned with chasing them around for revenge for some of the bigger hits that the game was getting out of hand. Chara being a tool and chasing around guys instead of playing defense.

This is the key to beating Boston. Bait them into that style of game. Kadri is going to be massive in this for us.

However, 2nd period happens and Boston is regrouped. Now they are focused on the game and the hitting doesn't matter. They come back, and when they start rolling, man it's just terrifying and they don't even have Pasta.

Leafs are in deep. Watching the two teams, you can tell one is a vet team and the other is younger. I still think they can beat them but it is not going to be easy.

Leafs effort level is just not enough. The Bruins are giving 100% out there and the skillgap isn't enough to match their desperation.

Hope the boys are ready to give it all they have.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Hmmmm..... I really want this game.

Yes we need the win as the Bruins won't lose, but also because Canucks fans are the WORST

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Hmmmm..... I really want this game.

Yes we need the win as the Bruins won't lose, but also because Canucks fans are the WORST
They're a defeated bunch at the moment. Might as well kick them when they're down. That's what my older, more handsome and successful brother used to do to me.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I have 2 kids under 3.5 yrs old now. 7 is a little early early as they are still awake. 9pm is a little too late because game finishes around 1130-midnight.

8pm is the perfect start time. Kids are down right around then and game finishes at 1030 or so.

I'm old now jeez.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
They're a defeated bunch at the moment. Might as well kick them when they're down. That's what my older, more handsome and successful brother used to do to me.

Agreed

They sure would do the same to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad