Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canadiens - The season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Leafs fan here.

I think our line up will be the following (if you're interested):

Kessel-Bozak-JvR
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin*
Raymond-Bolland-Ashton
Bodie**-McClement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnarson
Gardiner-Franson
Fraser***-Ranger

****Reimer
Bernier

*Don't be surprised if Kulemin & Raymond swap positions
**Bodie is not confirmed, but looks like he will be called up with McLaren on the LTIR
***Rielly could play over Fraser, personally think he should
****Reimer is not confirmed, but it looks like he will start

I'm not trying to make excuses here, but for a game with so much emotion like tomorrows certainly will be, the Habs are relatively lucky in the physical department that McLaren is out for Bodie (much worse fighter), Clarkson is suspended, Fraser isn't able to fight because of his head plate from the playoffs last year.

All in all, should be a great game. I hope to see both Gally's do well, big fan of both of theirs. Surprised you have Markov & Diaz together, that pairing looks like a disaster defensively from my point of view if you don't have puck possession. Could go either way and I won't be surprised.

Thanks for the info. I have one question: So Fraser is not allowed to fight ever?

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
the Habs are relatively lucky in the physical department that McLaren is out.

No disrespect, but I'd say the Leafs are luckier that Emelin and Murray are out than we are that a 5th line goon is out :)

And no, Markov and Diaz are far from a defensive disaster. Not the most physical, sure, but you haven't watched many Hab games if you think Markov is ever part of a disaster in his end.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Watching the 6 minute video on TSN.ca..

Alright, unless I'm completely misunderstanding, did Gionta just say our 4th line (Moen-Prust-Parros) would be a 2nd-3rd line on most teams?

I MUST have misunderstood. :laugh:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Alright, unless I'm completely misunderstanding, did Gionta just say our 4th line (Moen-Prust-Parros) would be a 2nd-3rd line on most teams?

Unfortunately, you didn't misunderstand. That's exactly what Gionta said. But he probably meant they would be 2nd-3rd line on a midget B team.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Leafs fan here.

I think our line up will be the following (if you're interested):

Kessel-Bozak-JvR
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin*
Raymond-Bolland-Ashton
Bodie**-McClement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnarson
Gardiner-Franson
Fraser***-Ranger

****Reimer
Bernier

*Don't be surprised if Kulemin & Raymond swap positions
**Bodie is not confirmed, but looks like he will be called up with McLaren on the LTIR
***Rielly could play over Fraser, personally think he should
****Reimer is not confirmed, but it looks like he will start

I'm not trying to make excuses here, but for a game with so much emotion like tomorrows certainly will be, the Habs are relatively lucky in the physical department that McLaren is out for Bodie (much worse fighter), Clarkson is suspended, Fraser isn't able to fight because of his head plate from the playoffs last year.

All in all, should be a great game. I hope to see both Gally's do well, big fan of both of theirs. Surprised you have Markov & Diaz together, that pairing looks like a disaster defensively from my point of view if you don't have puck possession. Could go either way and I won't be surprised.

Well with the team Toronto will be icing tomorrow, I think we can play Bournival over Parros as he won't really be needed

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Everytime season starts I have to think of the the brawl in the Quadrophenia movie.

:shakehead

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

apparently gionta was seen after the interview crying in Therrien s arms after Therrien berated him for not stating that bouillon would be a number 1 d on any other team in the league.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Thanks for the info. I have one question: So Fraser is not allowed to fight ever?

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

He himself has said it's completely healed and there shouldn't be any issues dropping the mittens. That said, he is wearing a visor now, and probably won't lead dmen in fighting majors again this season. Playing it cautious the first couple weeks probably.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I really hope you guys beat the crap out of Toronto tomorrow. I think all of Canada shares this sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad