GDT: Leafs @ Bruins Thurs, Apr 6th 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Won't be easy but it'd be nice to get a W over this team going into the playoffs.

Edit... figured it is game day now and I haven't done one in a long while. Hopefully get some luck tonight against the Bruins... and no injuries.

Go Leafs Go

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Could be the only game left in the regular season with any intensity. Kill em

Reactions: NiftyMits

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
They play Tampa next week.
Doesn't matter I'm not expecting them to play our big boys that game. By measuring stick I meant make this the last game against a playoff opponent where we play our best roster

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'd rather not show Tampa the full deck, also start Woll.
I'm sure they're going to be doing the same on their end.l

Yes I would rest the big 4. Run something like

ZAR - Accairi - Bunting
Jarnkrok - Kampf - Simmonds
Zohorna - ROR - Kerfoot

McCabe - Brodie
Gio - Schenn

Woll

Most of the game. Tell em the player with the highest hit count at the end of the game is promised a spot on the roster game 1

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Doesn't matter I'm not expecting them to play our big boys that game. By measuring stick I meant make this the last game against a playoff opponent where we play our best roster
IMO, they need to start consistently icing their playoff roster. I'd like if they played more than one game together.
They've been all over the map with injuries and the 11/7 garbage.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Keefe is going to blow this season again with his inept line management. Nylander and Tavares are putrid together and last game was proof. Yet he has them together again.

Glad Simmonds is out but thought Abruzzese was good and deserved another game at least.

Play Woll again

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

I don’t know what Keefe saw from those top two lines last night that makes him want to stick with them.

He saw that they controlled the play the entire night, won the game and outshot them 2-1.

The puck didn't go in as often as fans wanted, but if you play like that on a regular basis, you will win a lot more than you lose

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He saw that they controlled the play the entire night, won the game and outshot them 2-1.

The puck didn't go in as often as fans wanted, but if you play like that on a regular basis, you will win a lot more than you lose
They won't be playing the worst team in the league every night so they may not have such an easy time.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
They won't be playing the worst team in the league every night so they may not have such an easy time.
They did the same thing to Florida, Carolina,, etc.

Granted not playing on a line together but they have been trending up in terms of controlling play and limiting chances

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They did the same thing to Florida, Carolina,, etc.

Granted not playing on a line together but they have been trending up in terms of controlling play and limiting chances
Wasn't last night their first game together?

They're all talented guys and I'm sure they could figure it out over some time, IMO time for experimenting should be over.
Keefe just seems so far out of his depth at times.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Is this 2nd line expected to be a thing? Because if Keefe is doing it to "test things out" it's getting late and we need to develop chemistry with our playoff lines first
They've played all of 30 minutes together this year. If this is a thing, I don't know why he'd wait all year to put them together. And if they aren't, he should stop wasting time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad