Prospect Ranking #8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%
6. Jeremy Bracco -- 31.3%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 40.1%

Filip Kral
Dmytro Timashov
Dakota Joshua
Miro Aaltonen
Fedor Gordeev
Riley Stotts
Mason Marchment
Igor Ozhiganov
Eemeli Rasanen
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Calle Rosen
Pierre Engvall
Trevor Moore

Martins Dzierkals
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Vladislav Kara
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell
Mac Hollowell
Pontus Holmberg
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Eamon McAdam

Suggest who I should add next. :D

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
Again, Engvall has taken a huge step forward and I can’t see him bring any lower than 8th. His stint with the Marlies last season showed real top 9 potential.

Reactions: NoTouchIcing

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This shouldn't be Rosen. I get that he's close, but his upside is limited compared to better options here. I mean if closeness is the goal why not Trevor Moore who's just as close to being a bottom 6er than Rosen is to being a 3rd pairing guy. Bother with limited upside, Rosen's actually older, yet Moore isn't getting tons of votes yet. Hopefully Engvall or Rasanen wins this one instead. Closeness and probability of reaching upside is definitely a factor, I just feel like it's being weighted too much in Rosen's case. Maybe I just don't see the same upside that others do IDK.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
This shouldn't be Rosen. I get that he's close, but his upside is limited compared to better options here. I mean if closeness is the goal why not Trevor Moore who's just as close to being a bottom 6er than Rosen is to being a 3rd pairing guy. Bother with limited upside, Rosen's actually older, yet Moore isn't getting tons of votes yet. Hopefully Engvall or Rasanen wins this one instead. Closeness and probability of reaching upside is definitely a factor, I just feel like it's being weighted too much in Rosen's case. Maybe I just don't see the same upside that others do IDK.

I guess Keefe calling Rosen his most reliable defenceman doesn't mean much then. And FYI, Trevor Moore isn't just as close as being a bottom 6er as Rosen is to being a 3rd pairing guy.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
To each his own, to me Rosen is a borderline 8th defenseman. Rasanen has far more upside and is the kind of Dman we need badly.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
To each his own, to me Rosen is a borderline 8th defenseman. Rasanen has far more upside and is the kind of Dman we need badly.

Expectation VS Upside.

Rasanen could barely outplay his peers in the CHL as a 6'6" defenseman. He struggled way too much to be considered a NHL defenseman in terms of upside.

Rosen is and was the Marlies best defenseman after a tough transition period when he was sent down. In the playoffs especially, he was fantastic.

I understand his upside isn't super high but I think his ceiling makes him a fine player to vote for here. Rasanen is a big project and he does have upside but until he shows some upside, I think it's fair for people to vote differently.

Reactions: stickty111 and Dr C

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
It hurts how underrated Engvall is. IMO there isn't much of a gap between him and Grundstrom. As I said in an earlier thread Engvall went ppg in the regular season and then was given a checking line role with the two most offensively challenged players on the roster in Greening and Gauthier in the playoffs. Meanwhile Grundstrom was on the top line along side Johnsson.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I guess Keefe calling Rosen his most reliable defenceman doesn't mean much then. And FYI, Trevor Moore isn't just as close as being a bottom 6er as Rosen is to being a 3rd pairing guy.

Rosen was a key player in their Championship win and he's still on the outside looking in.

The criteria must be who do you think has the highest potential, not who is the better prospect.

Perhaps the voting isn't consistent either because I'm not sure the Bracco doesn't have a higher potential than everyone except Liljegren.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
It’s always a balance between upside and probability whenever you get beyond the top few prospects who have both. But Rosen could be more than a number six or seven plug. As he showed in the CalderCup run, he is a plus NHL skater and has very good IQ at a level of play below only the NHL itself. I think he clearly belongs either here or a little higher on our collective list.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Rosen was a key player in their Championship win and he's still on the outside looking in.

The criteria must be who do you think has the highest potential, not who is the better prospect.

Perhaps the voting isn't consistent either because I'm not sure the Bracco doesn't have a higher potential than everyone except Liljegren.

Highest potential is very subjective. You could say that Rasanen has the highest potential due to his size and skillset but the chances he gets there are very slim to say the least. Should he be ranked #2 with this line of thinking?

It's a matter of potential, ceiling and likelihood of making it, and a good touch of gut feeling, to rank prospects. There's no science behind these things and it's basically for fun...

Rosen might be on the outside looking in looking at the depth chart but that's because the players infront of him are really good. I wouldn't be surprised if he's turning heads in camp with the way he's played in the last 6 months.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
It hurts how underrated Engvall is. IMO there isn't much of a gap between him and Grundstrom. As I said in an earlier thread Engvall went ppg in the regular season and then was given a checking line role with the two most offensively challenged players on the roster in Greening and Gauthier in the playoffs. Meanwhile Grundstrom was on the top line along side Johnsson.

Well, I'd put him above Korskov myself, but its not like this is about fairness. At least he's allowed on the list. Ferguson was a PPG on his ATO, absolutely dominated prospect camp, and the guy won't even put him on the list.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
IDK about the rest of you, but if someone else had Rosen there's about 6 or 7 guys in the poll I wouldn't trade straight up to get him. Which IMO is the best way to explain how to rank guys. But I guess the majority feels much differently.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Joseph Woll is getting slept on. I know goalies are voodoo, but he's quite promising and hopefully can dominate with BC this year, who look much stronger.

Reactions: Cor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad