Prospect Ranking #6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%

Filip Kral
Dmytro Timashov
Dakota Joshua
Miro Aaltonen
Fedor Gordeev
Jeremy Bracco
Yegor Korshkov
Igor Ozhiganov
Eemeli Rasanen
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Calle Rosen
Pierre Engvall
Trevor Moore

Martins Dzierkals
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Vladislav Kara
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell
Riley Stotts
Mac Hollowell
Pontus Holmberg
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Mason Marchment
Eamon McAdam

Suggest who I should add next. :D

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Are we sleeping a bit on Joseph Woll that he's not being discussed yet?
Surely the guy should be in the top-10? Or at least in that discussion.
Granted it's pretty tough to watch College players much.
And you know... Goalie, lol. But still...

Reactions: FabledKnight

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit

Only starting goalies are valuable, let's hold our horses until he plays a pro game.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Not sure why my brain decided to turn off there but I voted Moore. Should have been Bracco.

I think Moore is having an amazing season next year and has the potential to be called up. I've been impressed every time ive watched him.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I love his game, just no clue how/where to rank a goalie, but I think he'll be real good.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
People are seriously sleeping on Bracco. Highly skilled offensive player who is still adding size, adjusted to the AHL well & would probably have put up much better numbers if the Marlies weren't so stacked & comping for a championship. I think he's going to take a big step this year and put himself back in top prospect territory.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He's hardly progressed since being drafted unlike Bracco who improved every year.

And how many games have you watched Korshkov play this year? Honestly, I think Korshkov is currently better than Grundstrom. Grundstrom gets the edge as a prospect due to age.

If you’re just looking at stats, Korshkov had a very slow start to the season last year large in part due to how he was utilized by the coach. Once the coaching change happened, Korshlov was one of the top point producers on his team.

Korshkov is a much better prospect than Bracco IMO

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
And how many games have you watched Korshkov play this year? Honestly, I think Korshkov is currently better than Grundstrom. Grundstrom gets the edge as a prospect due to age.

If you’re just looking at stats, Korshkov had a very slow start to the season last year large in part due to how he was utilized by the coach. Once the coaching change happened, Korshlov was one of the top point producers on his team.

Korshkov is a much better prospect than Bracco IMO
The 'how many games have you watched' is one of the worst rebuttals used on this site. Many people here haven't seen the majority of our prospects games so things like stats is what lots of people go off of. The thing is Korshkov was drafted #31 overall (basically a first round pick), and hasn't really improved from D+1 to D+2. 8 goals in 52 games isn't good. I know he improved with the coaching change, but until he does it over a full season, I'll stick with someone who has improved every year since his draft.

Reactions: stickty111

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The player that has taken the biggest jump in terms of development is Trevor Moore. He's really catapulted up the board for me. I think that he's a top 10 guy, but I went Korshkov.

Reactions: WILDLIFEGUY

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
The 'how many games have you watched' is one of the worst rebuttals used on this site. Many people here haven't seen the majority of our prospects games so things like stats is what lots of people go off of. The thing is Korshkov was drafted #31 overall (basically a first round pick), and hasn't really improved from D+1 to D+2. 8 goals in 52 games isn't good. I know he improved with the coaching change, but until he does it over a full season, I'll stick with someone who has improved every year since his draft.

It was an honest question, not a rebuttal... lol.

You made the claim that he has 'hardly progressed' since being drafted. How do you know that? From what I've heard, his game is rounding out nicely...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think Bracco is being a bit overlooked here, similar to how AJ was last year. I'm expecting a big sophomore season from him.

Potential wise he might be. Maybe along with Timashov and Engval. Engval seemed to adjust nicely, 8 points in 9 games and then 8 points in 20 playoff games.

I expect this year we'll see how that potential translates, he should be one of the go to guys this year along with Grundstrom, Engval and Timashov.

Keep the prospects coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1