Prospect Ranking #5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%

Filip Kral
Dmytro Timashov
Sean Durzi
Miro Aaltonen
Fedor Gordeev
Jeremy Bracco
Yegor Korshkov
Igor Ozhiganov
Eemeli Rasanen
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Calle Rosen
Pierre Engvall
Trevor Moore

Frederik Gauthier
Dakota Joshua
Martins Dzierkals
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Vladislav Kara
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell
Riley Stotts
Mac Hollowell
Pontus Holmberg
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Mason Marchment
Eamon McAdam

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Also sorry for the delay guys, I was away for the long weekend since last Thursday. Figured no one would mind due to it being a busy weekend in the NHL anyways. ha

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The prospect pool feels a little shallow at 5 for blue chip talent. With all the promotions the past couple of years it oddly feels like it needs some replenishing.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Finally to the fun tier. 2-4 was so close I personally didn't have any issue with any order of those guys. This is where people start bitching that Bracco is above Durzi, and Korshkov is above Rasanen and we're all idiots and the rankings are wrong, etc, etc.

Lets Go!!!

I voted Bracco.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Bracco is pretty underrated. he has the potential to be the 3rd best winger in the organization imo

Big year for Bracco, he'll either sink or swim this year on the Marlies with a major role increase.

I'm not particularly high on Bracco, but the skill is there, no doubt.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Big year for Bracco, he'll either sink or swim this year on the Marlies with a major role increase.

how could anyone not be high on bracco after he single handedly suffocated Erie at the memorial cup?

Dude wins wherever he goes. Like... he's easily the most accomplished player in our entire organization

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

no question it's his chance to prove himself, but I think he has everything he needs. that skating and vision is terrific

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
just wondering what is Korshkov's deal? Is he coming over to play in the AHL this season or is he going to remain with the KHL?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Like Bracco but gotta go Durzi after his crazy D+1 year.

They actually had virtually the same PPG during their D+1 season except Bracco is a scoring winger and Durzi is a RHD.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's tight but I'm going Durzi

His D+1 year with the Attack was amazing and he piled on the points in the OHL playoffs as well

HC7

May 2, 2018
Something like 7/18 D-Men that produced the same Durzi has this season have gone on to produce as a top pairing guy in the NHL within X number of years.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Engvall all the way for me.
He's fast and skilled. He's 6'3 every time he steps on the ice.
He uses his reach and body real well.
His game seems built for the NA ice size, which might have been indicated by how well he played down the stretch last season.

He's different from Johnsson, but could end up being an even better player. He's 18 months younger, so if he spends this whole next season in the AHL, he would still be 6 months younger than Johnsson is going into the NHL now. There's plenty of time.

Reactions: Eyedea and ULF_55

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Question on Bracco - what happened to him in the playoffs? Injury?

- Went Rosen - Best dman during the Marlies run, which included Dermott.

Reactions: baton elevated

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The prospect pool feels a little shallow at 5 for blue chip talent. With all the promotions the past couple of years it oddly feels like it needs some replenishing.

Need some of these guys to develop. A good year, similar to Johnsson's progression, can change a lot. The lack of high draft picks are now evident in the farm, time to really see how the new era's drafting really is.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Question on Bracco - what happened to him in the playoffs? Injury?

- Went Rosen - Best dman during the Marlies run, which included Dermott.
Healthy scratch after Andreas Johnsson returned to the Marlies. .... which is why I think he belongs later in the top ten. Like you, I voted for a prospect who contributed in a major way to the Calder Cup run, Calle Rosen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad