Prospect Ranking #28

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%
6. Jeremy Bracco -- 31.3%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 40.1%
8. Calle Rosen -- 36.8%
9. Pierre Engvall -- 34.6%
10. Joseph Woll -- 30.5%
11. Eemeli Rasanen -- 37.5%
12. Igor Ozhiganov -- 23.2%
13. Semyon Der-Arunitsev -- 26.3%
14. Dmytro Timashov -- 32.3%
15. Filip Kral -- 29.3%
16. Fedor Gordeev -- 29.7%
17. Adam Brooks -- 29.7%
18. Trevor Moore -- 37.9%
19. Riley Stotts -- 26.3%
20. Jesper Lindgren -- 26.9% (tie)
20. Mason Marchment - - 26.9% (tie)
22. Mac Hollowell -- 25.6% (tie)
22. Andrew Nielsen -- 25.6% (tie)
24. Ian Scott -- 26.1%
25. Miro Aaltonen -- 23.2%
26. Dakota Joshua -- 34.5%
27. Martins Dzierkals -- 25.5%

Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Ryan O'Connell
Zach Bouthillier
Brady Ferguson
Nikolai Chebykin
Pontus Holmberg
Vladislav Kara
Eamon McAdam
Ryan McGregor
Semyon Kizimov

Suggest who I should add next. :D

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Again, you guys are sleeping on Chebykin... :nod:...

Any Dzierkals voters care to explain why they voted for him? He's a 'bottom 5' prospect on my list.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Ferguson. Will likely surprise a lot of people this coming year. Put up Bozak-like numbers in the NCAA. PPG on his ATO. Dominated prospect camp. Has loads of drive. Looking forwards to what he can do on the Marlies next year. Could be their #1 center by December.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Ferguson. Will likely surprise a lot of people this coming year.

Eh, I'd Mcgregor or the Russians over a 94 on an AHL deal. Ferguson pretty much has to go ppg from day 1 and earn an ELC before the new year to be noteworthy, else best case is 1 year as a tweener then becoming waiver fodder

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Eh, I'd Mcgregor or the Russians over a 94 on an AHL deal. Ferguson pretty much has to go ppg from day 1 and earn an ELC before the new year to be noteworthy, else best case is 1 year as a tweener then becoming waiver fodder

Bet you probably said the same thing about Zach Hyman when he joined the Marlies at 24, right?

Last edited:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Bet you would have said the same thing about Zach Hyman as well, right?

Yup, and Hyman came out school a year younger straight into an ELC and was a player we sought out in trade. Much more favourable circumstance, and even then was a longshot. At the age Ferguson is now (on a Marlies only contract) Hyman was being penciled into the roster of the big club It's simple fact, Ferguson has this year and next to force his way into an ELC and onto the Leafs roster.

The others were lightyears ahead at a younger age and have far more track left in front of them. Maybe he surprises. But odds aren't high

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Yup, and Hyman came out school a year younger straight into an ELC and was a player we sought out in trade. Much more favourable circumstance, and even then was a longshot. At the age Ferguson is now (on a Marlies only contract) Hyman was being penciled into the roster of the big club It's simple fact, Ferguson has this year and next to force his way into an ELC and onto the Leafs roster.

The others were lightyears ahead at a younger age and have far more track left in front of them. Maybe he surprises. But odds aren't high

Fair enough. Ferguson will have to continue to do what he's done so far. But he's a Marlie as we speak, and he hasn't look at all out of place playing at the top of the squad.

But seriously, we all know most of those high-round Russians we've drafted will almost certainly never set blade in our NA system and seriously, McGregor? :laugh:.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, IMHO.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
But seriously, we all know most of those high-round Russians we've drafted will almost certainly never set blade in our NA system and seriously, McGregor? :laugh:.

One of the top defensive C's in the O, EV production to match the likes Mcleod, Hayton, Dellandrea, Ang. blazing speed and great hunger, just no PP time and underweight (though with a projectable frame).

What's not to like from outside the top 20 of the prospect pool?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Who?

I doubt anyone has watched a second of these guys to vote them anymore. I think this should be it for these rankings.
I've seen plenty of McGregor and Kaskisuo, a solid amount of Kara, Chebykin, Greenway, Bouthillier, McAdam and Ferguson, and read enough on Kizimov, O'Connell and Holmberg.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Again, you guys are sleeping on Chebykin... :nod:...

Any Dzierkals voters care to explain why they voted for him? He's a 'bottom 5' prospect on my list.

Probably potential. He's a 97' and people have seen him. Him and Chebykin are probably on the same sort of level, but Chebykin is bigger and has the speed. Dzierkals is more skilled.

I'd take Kaskisuo over either though.

Really the last 3 spots should be between Kaskisuo, Kara, Chebykin and Holmberg. The rest either need to do more to put themselves on the radar, or need to be healthy (either mentally or physically).

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Probably potential. He's a 97' and people have seen him. Him and Chebykin are probably on the same sort of level, but Chebykin is bigger and has the speed. Dzierkals is more skilled.

I'd take Kaskisuo over either though.

Really the last 3 spots should be between Kaskisuo, Kara, Chebykin and Holmberg. The rest either need to do more to put themselves on the radar, or need to be healthy (either mentally or physically).

Thanks for the reply. No way Dzierkals is more skilled that Chebykin IMO.

Also, it’s not even clear whether we are going to extend the AHL contract with Dzierkals...

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%
6. Jeremy Bracco -- 31.3%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 40.1%
8. Calle Rosen -- 36.8%
9. Pierre Engvall -- 34.6%
10. Joseph Woll -- 30.5%
11. Eemeli Rasanen -- 37.5%