Dreger: Leafs, Blue Jackets, Jets, and Avalanche interested in Namestnikov

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
There would need to be a bigger deal like Stepan + something for Names + something. If we're giving up Toccs fave then I would also wager we want a player like JGP coming back who is probably in the realm of 1st/2nd + Prospect which then likely makes this too rich for the Coyotes to participate.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
We'd have to send salary back and/or have retention on top of a pick driving up the cost to a 2nd, leaving us with no picks in the first 3 rounds of this draft. Don't know that GMJC is down with that for a UFA.
Who would you guys wanna send back? I really dont think we'd have much problem taking salary back so long as its a body that can play a regular shift, but I cant see any dumps from AZ - at least not anyone who is worse than Names

Just saw your other post. Yeah, Stepan would be tough.... maybe Names + Anisimov for Stepan + something... and then we trade him back for a 5th before his bonus gets paid, and then trade a 4th for him afterwards lol

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Who would you guys wanna send back? I really dont think we'd have much problem taking salary back so long as its a body that can play a regular shift, but I cant see any dumps from AZ - at least not anyone who is worse than Names

Just saw your other post. Yeah, Stepan would be tough.... maybe Names + Anisimov for Stepan + something... and then we trade him back for a 5th before his bonus gets paid, and then trade a 4th for him afterwards lol
Does Anisimov still have legs? If he didn't have another year on his deal I'd imagine Anisimov (50%) + Namestnikov for Stepan might work.

If Kuemper stayed healthy I'd have felt comfortable with Raanta but... He'd didn't. I wish we were in on this but I just can't see a deal based on the limited info on who our team wants to keep. My personal trade list is:

Stepan
Kessel
Grabner
Hinostroza
Richardson
Soderberg
Oesterle

For various reasons I don't think management shares the same sentiment on any of those players outside of maybe Hinostroza. Hino is a decent 3rd liner and by all accounts great in the locker room so even with him I feel like we want to stand pat.

Maybe Names (50%) for Hino? He's a RFA and younger so theres maybe a higher chance he could end up better than Names?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Significant interest in him from multiple teams according to Bob Mckenzie. He just said that on Ottawa radio. 3rd seems fair.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Why do the Jets even need VN?

I'd much rather him over Roslovic. But Ottawa should keep him if you ask me.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I mean the CBJ has been the team that guys like Duclair and Abramov came from first so how about we sent you another small extremely skilled and fast player in Sonny Milano for Names?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Toronto can blow themselves up.

The others can please start a bidding war? That would be swell.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Im guessing Leafs offer would be something like 4th+Timashov and the Sens would have to retain half

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad