Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Crosby! 4-1

Feb 24, 2004
You need to GTFO. Ranger played really well last night. Come on support our players instead of constantly giving them hate.

It is a good thing the internet wasn't around in the 1970s and 80s. Lanny McDonald was plain auwful his first few seasons as a Leaf and he would have been crucified by so called Leaf fans on here.

Ranger was bad. I'm sorry - winning the game doesn't just give everyone a free pass.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
He was not bad, he was good with BA moments. Reminds of Schenn tbh.

That one play where the Leafs were pressuring in the offensive zone and just a wonderful pass came across to Ranger and... He whiffed on it causing the puck to leave the zone. That was the only time in the game where I yelled something negative.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That one play where the Leafs were pressuring in the offensive zone and just a wonderful pass came across to Ranger and... He whiffed on it causing the puck to leave the zone. That was the only time in the game where I yelled something negative.

Yeah I think some just hyper focus on certain players. I notice more about Bozak than I do Kessel but I know if I realllly paid attention to Kessel I could find things to complain about.

Ranger is getting better as time goes on. If he loses a step by game 20 we will see what happens

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Yeah I think some just hyper focus on certain players. I notice more about Bozak than I do Kessel but I know if I realllly paid attention to Kessel I could find things to complain about.

Ranger is getting better as time goes on. If he loses a step by game 20 we will see what happens

The thing is that there is no perfect NHL player so when people look at a player, they determine whether the good outweighs the bad. A good player will have many good qualities and only a few bad qualities. Ranger has had some games where he has looked really good and some where not so much. Last night was 'average' in my opinion but people aren't judging his play game-by-game right now. He made a couple of silly plays that reflected badly.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lets conveniently forget the start when Riemer got pulled for sucking, and Bernier saved the day.

I am not team anybody, but all the fanboys for either side sure get old quick.

We have two great goalies. Now Shut the **** up!

You need to relax. I was responding to a poster who I thought was demeaning Reimer's effort last night, so try reading the whole conversation first before shoving your two cents into a conversation that doesnt involve you.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Carlyle unleashed his Checking\Shutdown line yesterday in Raymond -- Bolland -- Clarkson and they kept Crosby in check all night.

This gives the Leafs a real true element of potential success when you have the ability to nullify the best offensive players of your opponents.

Bolland was outstanding yesterday, now with 6 goals in 12 games as a Leaf, where he had 7 all of last season. Clarkson was finishing every check, every shift.

SteveV*

Carlyle unleashed his Checking\Shutdown line yesterday in Raymond -- Bolland -- Clarkson and they kept Crosby in check all night.

This gives the Leafs a real true element of potential success when you have the ability to nullify the best offensive players of your opponents.

Bolland was outstanding yesterday, now with 6 goals in 12 games as a Leaf, where he had 7 all of last season. Clarkson was finishing every check, every shift.

Clarkson with eight hits.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Now how would a third line of Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson look? I think that would be a tough line for teams to match up against. Ideally, we're seeing Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson on the 2nd line and Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin on the third. Spread out the defensive abilities as well as offensive.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

That was line 2 eh. Lupul and Bozak are out.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We are now officially 2nd in our conference in G/G after shutting down the Pens and scoring 4 on them.

When you have a team like the Leafs with a top 6 consisting of JvR, Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Clarkson, Bozak...and a third line of Kulemin, Bolland, Raymond, you know they are going to score a lot of goals.

We haven't come close to icing a full roster besides the home opener and we've found ways to win some very ugly games.

I hope we ice a full roster by mid November and start winning games by limiting other team's chances and grinding it out when needed.

We're still a bit too generous in our end.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Was looking forward to seeing clarkson with kadri but maybe a line of bolland-clarksin-kulemin would be an excellent shutdown line

InterceptSchenn

Good Evening MrFrost
Jan 15, 2012
Montreal
Thought ashton played his best game as a leaf last night

This. He deserves a spot on the 4th line. No need for McLaren, he is beyond useless. Orr is actually playing hockey this year, credit to him. Orr Mcc and Ashton can be a great 4th line that you can play 10 minutes a game, something Carlyle has avoided since being hired.

EDDIE20*

Clarkson, Bolland, McClement, Ashton, Orr

Grinding the **** out of the Pens. Loved it. That's Leafs hockey

This is why we signed guys like Bolland and Clarkson. We needed some extra grind. I don't care about Clarkson putting up points so much as him being in the other guy's face all night.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not enough love for Clarkson- checking, positioning, board play, roughing it up in the crease...

Yes!

I was very impressed by Clarkson. If he can play like that all the time, maybe that contract isn't even as bad as I first thought. Loved the way he got in Crosbys face. His abrasive play reminds be a bit of of Clark and Gilmour. Guys like that are an inspiration and make their teammates play better!

Don't know if this has been talked about much but one thing that Clarkson, Bolland and Raymond bring is PO experience. With those guys around we don't have to worry about a game 7 collapse like last season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Loved Clarkson last night. Weve been missing his element for a LONG time

When he pots a few, he will be well worth the 5.25. Great in the dressing room, 100% on the ice, positionally sound, team player, does whatever necessary to win.

If you are a Center on this team, you want to play with him.

Tyler Biggs*

So the Leafs lose to 5-2 to Columbus and then the next day beat up the elite Pittsburgh Penguins 4-1. This is why I love the Leafs lol. You just never know what will happen. I'd like to see Carlyle keep these lines for next game. They looked great.

Leafs won the face-off battle tonight. That goes SO far toward a win when you're not defending after every puck drop. It puts the entire group into a different mode, gets their legs going and keeps the tempo up. Great job Leafs, one to be proud of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad