Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Crosby! 4-1

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Because Kadri's goal was just filthy...

Largely because of Kessel's pass. He looked off Kadri and knew that Fleury was playing the shot, then delivered it tape-to-tape. By the time Kadri made his move Fleury was hopelessly behind the play.

Looking away from your intended target and still making a tape-to-tap pass at exactly the right speed is an underrated skill. Kessel is the best at this I've seen on the Leafs since Kaberle, who was really a master at it.

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
The Bolland-Raymond-Clarkson line paired with Phaneuf-Gunner was really awesome yesterday.

Crosby has only been held pointless one other time this season. Reimer deserves full credit as well. Games like this shows us that we can do well and not play down to our competition.

That being said - we need to play 60 minutes of hockey eventually.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Much better effort by most players. Reimer saved their collective ***** in the 2nd. I think this may have been the first game this year when they had multiple sustained times of working the forecheck. Not there yet but definitely something to work with.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Hey guys, I had no idea where to put this so I'll just ask here.

I have Fraser on my fantasy team and so I was wondering when you guys expect him to be back?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I have Fraser on my fantasy team and so I was wondering when you guys expect him to be back?

Probably relatively soon but the bigger question is why on earth would Fraser ever been on...any fantasy team?

I gotta assume that PIM is the highest point value.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I think everyone should just stop talking about icing a full healthy line up because it seems to keep getting jinxed :(

Tyler Biggs*

Reimer is 4-0-2 against the Pens, can't call it luck anymore. Looking forward to the future games, they will be good!

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Kessel has always been like that. He's very unselfish, he was jacked up for Kadri

He has always been that way.

When he scores he usually just celly's by putting one hand in the air, and just keeps gliding. Its when other guys score that he goes for the big hockey hug.

The only time I have really seen him get psyched for his own goal was 2 years ago the 1st time we played new Winnipeg and he had that one-timer to tie, or take the lead

People forget that before Carlyle got here, Kessel was the guy who wore the 'A' when our regulars (Komi / Army / Grabo) werent playing

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

The team said that Kulemin and Fraser will travel with the team so expect them to play against the oilers or flames.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Probably relatively soon but the bigger question is why on earth would Fraser ever been on...any fantasy team?

I gotta assume that PIM is the highest point value.

PIM, Hits, Blocked Shots. He's a VERY valuable player in a category based league

Tyler Biggs*

Where are the folks that said that the Pens would destroy us 8-0? Haha. GLG!! Most solid game of the season so far.

I hope the droves of Phaneuf haters were paying attention last night. Great game by the captain. Reimer was solid in net too. Happy he finally got a game under his belt, he's had some bad luck early on. Kadri on the first line, I like it. Go Leafs Go!

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Dave Bolland SHG slapshot 1-1

Frazer McLaren vs Deryk Engelland fight

Last edited:

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
Honestly I think it is understated that, on the Bolland play, Raymond saved a goal right before that. If that puck hits Crosby's stick before Raymond bats it away, it is not very likely that he misses with that much open net. And that's the difference between 1-1 and 2-0.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Ranger was bad. I'm sorry - winning the game doesn't just give everyone a free pass.

He had a couple of brain farts, but, for the most part he was not too bad.

I`m tired of fans showing nothing but hate for the sake of hating.

Can't we see the positives and forgive the negatives just a little around these parts.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I sure hope everyone noticed how easily the leafs forwards were able to skate around "defensive dman" Orpik all night long.

Gunnar was much more impressive defensively this game than that guy.

Tyler Biggs*

Highlight of the game was Phaneuf's long pass to Bolland which resulted in a goal. Sweet!

Predictions of the Leafs demise were very much exaggerated. Great game last night, especially shutting down Crosby and Malkin.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
He has always been that way.

When he scores he usually just celly's by putting one hand in the air, and just keeps gliding. Its when other guys score that he goes for the big hockey hug.

The only time I have really seen him get psyched for his own goal was 2 years ago the 1st time we played new Winnipeg and he had that one-timer to tie, or take the lead

People forget that before Carlyle got here, Kessel was the guy who wore the 'A' when our regulars (Komi / Army / Grabo) werent playing

When he scored the tap-in, it looked like he almost wanted to apologize and give the goal to JVR.

Big Papa Cheese

Sep 25, 2013
It's insane how different the third period in this game went compared to the columbus game. Like they just remembered how to play? lol

Tyler Biggs*

Great game by the Leafs. Finally they had a fight! They usually win when they hit and fight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad