GDT: Leafs at Wings, November 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I know he may be burned out but I really want Husso to start this one.
C'mon lets give this one to Neds since he's struggling a bit anyways. :rolleyes:

Seriously though I agree with you. Hopefully he starts. Next 4 games go TOR/BUF/LV/CBJ. Neds has a better shot vs BUF/CBJ. LV-CBJ is a back to backer! Need Husso in net vs TOR and LV to have a shot imo.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
It will be tight.

The refs will try their hardest in the 3rd.

But Pius with the shorty.

And Ned seals it with the empty netter.

GG.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Ned's start against NYR was a real good one, but his last game was another stinker so who knows what comes out tonight if he's in. I'm wanting to stay confident in him and see him bounce back a bit, when he's on he's great. The problem is when he isn't on, he's really bad and that isn't sustainable. If he can find consistency as a backup, that's one less thing to worry about.

Hoping for a win tonight, might be a 6-4 kind of game. LGW!

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Defence is click at the right time and if Husso starts, I can see a 4-3 Detroit win.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Quiet the leafs crowd tonight and make them wonder if the Red Wings are better than them. Good opportunity with the leafs backend brutally banged up. I don’t see how they make top 3 in division w their core D, out. Steal the points and serve the syrup.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m a little surprised at how well the Leafs are doing given their defensive injuries. We will need to play well. Good luck Wings

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi my Red Wing friends,

I did the GDT for the Leafs and thought I’d share some Stats clips courtesy of The Score App with you fine folks.

D624F184-DB54-4554-AE1C-7AF88705713F.png
5FCF116F-D001-4031-828C-199FE04204C6.png
6F04A27E-21D9-4CA1-971E-A3CEE03B6DBF.png
78703780-1491-4DF3-8771-A404EE413112.png
38496F50-5476-498D-A45C-E0E57740E47F.png
C7298B79-8DFA-4481-A9AC-9BE6B838D272.png

Hoping for an entertaining game with no injuries either side.

Cheers

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This is such a huge game for us.

This may be the biggest Wings game in the last 5 years....Need to show up against these guys.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Ugh. Guaranteed loss. The Chicago Red Wings jerseys are terribad.
I just looked them up because I've never seen them and... Yeah what the heck. They're terrible. Very Chicago/Ottawa esk and I don't like it. It's an iconic jersey and not much needs to be changed if anything and if you do change it up you definitely, 2000% never ever leave the actual Red Wing logo off. Insane.

J6021ET-0_600x0.jpg

Reactions: Ricelund

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I just looked them up because I've never seen them and... Yeah what the heck. They're terrible. Very Chicago/Ottawa esk and I don't like it.

J6021ET-0_600x0.jpg

The alternate jersey Detroit had last season was shit, too. It looked like a practice jersey with the gray arm stripe.

Who makes these choices for Detroit? Is this someone in the league office saying "f*** you, Ilitch!" or is there someone working for Detroit that just has such poor taste?

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
The alternate jersey Detroit had last season was shit, too. It looked like a practice jersey with the gray arm stripe.

Who makes these choices for Detroit? Is this someone in the league office saying "f*** you, Ilitch!" or is there someone working for Detroit that just has such poor taste?
#FireShirtPersonNow?

Actually I don't mind them.

• Wow
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

Supposedly it's Ilitch himself who hates third jerseys:

This is something that I have heard through someone who does have some insider knowledge, but I think it is largely speculation of what said source believes is occurring, not confirmed to be occurring. So, take this for what it is worth:

From what I have heard through an unidentified grapevine is that Chris Ilitch is one of a small handful of owners who hates the concept of the Reverse Retro jerseys and wants nothing to do with them. He's obligated to have one, but he doesn't want it to be used more than the one or two games that the team is required to wear them. So, Adidas compiles the different design concepts for presentation to the Wings, and Chris intentionally picks the worst one knowing it will disappoint the fan base and there won't be any clamoring to see them more than needed.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Supposedly it's Ilitch himself who hates third jerseys:

If that's true then it's a missed opportunity to make more money. I'm not for money grabs, but if the NHL is trying to force that lemon on teams then it's Ilitch's job to make lemonade out of it.

Reactions: SoupNazi

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
C'mon lets give this one to Neds since he's struggling a bit anyways. :rolleyes:

Seriously though I agree with you. Hopefully he starts. Next 4 games go TOR/BUF/LV/CBJ. Neds has a better shot vs BUF/CBJ. LV-CBJ is a back to backer! Need Husso in net vs TOR and LV to have a shot imo.
After winning four in the row I don't care if we lose as long as we don't get badly men handled.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad