Pre-Game Talk: leafs at toronto

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 12 min
Nyquist, Helm and Zetterberg skating today at Wings practice. Franzen and Howard not on the ice.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 11 min
Based on the way they're skating it looks like Helm might be ready to play Saturday in Toronto but not Nyquist.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 8 min
Lines at practice: Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Jurco, Helm-Sheahan-Alfredsson, Miller-Andersson-Tatar, Cleary-Glendening-Eaves.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 6 min
Based on the lines, it looks like Tootoo and Samuelsson would be healthy scratches. Abdelkader skating but doesn't appear he's ready.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5 min
Zetterberg is skating as well but he won't return until Dec. 28.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4 min
DeKeyser at the left point on 2nd power play unit with Eaves at right point. Could be DeKeyser is ready to play and Kindl may be scratched?

NyquistIsMyGod*

Fantastic news.. This adds so much.

Huge rivalry as I live in Ontario around the Michigan boarder. So pumped to see these teams in the same division.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if kindl was scratched. He has been the worst dman on the team lately. Not that he has been terrible but he has not been at his best and lashoff smith and Quincey have been looking decent the last few games. He may benifits from sitting in the pressbox just like smith and Tatar did.

If helm is back that is outstanding news.

Nyquist--helm--dueceduece

Do it Babcock.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Interesting line combos.

Not sure I like Helm at wing and Sheahan at 2C. Should probably reverse that but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Wish Babs would put Pav and Alfie together. They have great chemistry together, was pretty obvious last night.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Not sure Tatar really needed to be a scratch though. He needed experience, and time to **** up in the line-up. Learn the difference, which he did, with palying time.

iwtb*

Hey what is this **** if Tootoo is not playin? To be honest this will be the worst HBO 24/7 cause Detroit has not personality players only those zombies...

NyquistIsMyGod*

Hey what is this **** if Tootoo is not playin? To be honest this will be the worst HBO 24/7 cause Detroit has not personality players only those zombies...

He's still up I suppose, though I want him in. The Glendening/Cleary/Eaves line has been great so you can't take any out there. Sammy's already out. Bert looked good.

I'd like to see the HBO series based around Tatar, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Mrazek, Alfredsson and Tootoo.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5 min
Babcock confirms Gustavsson will start tomorrow in his return to Toronto. Beyond that he said no lineup decisions made yet. Not sure on Helm

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Helm said he doesn't think he'll play tomorrow, aiming for Monday.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Not sure Tatar really needed to be a scratch though. He needed experience, and time to **** up in the line-up. Learn the difference, which he did, with palying time.

Am I missing something? Tatar is listed on the 3rd line

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Not going to matter but really interesting that Helm was practicing on Sheahan's wing. Must be because of Sheahan's faceoff success so far. Don't think I'd really be a fan of that, though. Wonder who gets the bump to that line without Helm in.. Tatar?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not going to matter but really interesting that Helm was practicing on Sheahan's wing. Must be because of Sheahan's faceoff success so far. Don't think I'd really be a fan of that, though. Wonder who gets the bump to that line without Helm in.. Tatar?

Are you sure Sheahan was the center? They have been using him as a winger almost whole season in AHL...

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Are you sure Sheahan was the center? They have been using him as a winger almost whole season in AHL...

Just basing it on Khan's tweet in OP:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 8 min
Lines at practice: Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Jurco, Helm-Sheahan-Alfredsson, Miller-Andersson-Tatar, Cleary-Glendening-Eaves.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 12 min

Man, it's just huge impact how much size both Jurco and Sheahan bring on the top three lines. That's desperately needed.

Bert - Dats - Jurco, 6'3 - 5'11 - 6'2
Helm - Shea - Alfie, 5'11 - 6'2 - 5'11
Mills - Andy - Tatar, 6'2 - 6'2 - 5'10
Cleary - Glendy - Eaves, 6'0 - 5'11 - 6'0

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Last game, Tatar set up Miller/Joker about 3 or 4 times with point blank scoring chances and they both duffed those chances.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Tootoo did play well last night, but probably has something to do with the fact the Leafs carry three legit heavies. He starts turning the game in that direction he is going to get our whole teams *** kicked. They will probably scratch one anyway with this news. But for those of you that beg for Tootoo can stand up for us,
a.) he really hasn't to date when the game heads that direction well over half of his fights are the staged variety
b.) One guy that wants to do that while being only 5'9" is likely going to bring the wrath of God out of the other team
c.) Which is why they don't want him playing the brand hockey many of you say and he doesn't in Detroit
d.) I think they might actually keep him up for a little bit we will see, should ask the coach if he can work on the pk

For the record not sure what personality you think all these players are going to have. We aren't the most fascinating team, Tootoo isn't all that riveting or crazy especially since he conquered the bottle.

If you want an interesting personality start pleading with them to call up Callahan, hope Holmstrom drop by or pay attention to Datsyuk whose role I am hoping goes up this week.

Sheahan has an interesting opportunity here. I know we have been hammered by injuries, but looks like the size queen strikes again for those of us complaining that was one of the reasons Babcock slow played Gus and Tatar. Well Jurco is getting top 6 opportunities, Sheahan gets a couple games and immediately Top 6 after his first nice performance.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Helm's coming back from a shoulder injury, isn't that the obvious reason he's the one moved over to wing.

If they think he's healthy enough to take a hit I'm pretty sure he can handle taking faceoffs....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad