GDT: Leafs at Tampa 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
#1 question on everyone’s mind. Who will be the starting goaltender in tonight’s game?

Emergency call up was denied last game for Woll. “Quite the pickle” as my great great grandfather would say.

Leafs would need to send some waiver exempt bodies down to bring Woll up I believe. Not too many of those. Ironically Knies is waiver exempt.

Reactions: glue

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
#1 question on everyone’s mind. Who will be the starting goaltender in tonight’s game?

Emergency call up was denied last game for Woll. “Quite the pickle” as my great great grandfather would say.

Leafs would need to send some waiver exempt bodies down to bring Woll up I believe. Not too many of those. Ironically Knies is waiver exempt.
Chris Johnson on the radio this morning ecplaining why Woll couldn't come up last night but says he will be brought up tonight to start.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If they don't treat tonight's game as a statement game for the playoffs then 7 is guaranteed to be the new number.
This isn’t a statement game at all, it’s a nothing affair and all that matters is staying healthy. We’re on a back to back to, pretty near sighted to go for it here. We won’t even remember this game in a week.

Edit: I may have missed the sarcasm!

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
This isn’t a statement game at all, it’s a nothing affair and all that matters is staying healthy. We’re on a back to back to, pretty near sighted to go for it here. We won’t even remember this game in a week.
Yeah not dissimilar to the game we played vs. Tampa late in the season last year, lost like 7-1 or whatever it was and then won Game 1 5-0. That one didn't mean anything, either.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
I still don't understand why we didn't just play the ATO last game instead of Sammy, we don't need to care about any of these games. Play Giordano in net if you have to... Keep Sammy out until the last game of the season to get him in one more rep before play offs. We're playing with fire here.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Tonights game will set the tone for the upcoming series and really will play an important role in the future of the franchise, repercussions could be felt for years.
A loss here could be devasting.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I still don't understand why we didn't just play the ATO last game instead of Sammy, we don't need to care about any of these games. Play Giordano in net if you have to... Keep Sammy out until the last game of the season to get him in one more rep before play offs. We're playing with fire here.

Maybe it was about playing your best in a game that has meaning to league standings?

Tampa game impacts nothing.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It does a disservice to the teams still trying to qualify.
Not a chance Dubas would allow them to throw away a game that could impact his Mentor's team.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Chris Johnson on the radio this morning ecplaining why Woll couldn't come up last night but says he will be brought up tonight to start.

I would honestly start Woll both of these last 2 games. Gives Sammy a week off to be rested for round 1.

horner

May 22, 2007

Not Sammy

If management doesn't do their best to win EVERY game, sends a message to the players.
Elliot will probably be starting for TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad