GDT: Leafs at Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 2m2 minutes ago
Daniel Winnik also expected to join team on two-game trip. Unlikely to play tomorrow in Dallas.

Wonder who goes in for Winnik.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 2m2 minutes ago
Daniel Winnik also expected to join team on two-game trip. Unlikely to play tomorrow in Dallas.

Wonder who goes in for Winnik.

At practice Grabner was back up with Spalling and Winnik and Holland was on the wing with Froese and Boyes according to Mark Masters.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
At practice Grabner was back up with Spalling and Winnik and Holland was on the wing with Froese and Boyes according to Mark Masters.

Grabner had better start making something of the chances he gets. I had real high hopes for him when the season started, but he hasn't stood out at any point this season. Babcock has proven with Arcobello and Holland that guys can lose their spots on this team. And Grabner is next.

Hope the forwards can start to break through against Dallas. The stars score a lot, but also give up some good chances on the regular.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I hope Leivo gets called up to replace Winnik

Thats a good call. Everyone forgets Leivo because i don't think he is being followed now with all the fresh new blood to discuss. He is playing some nice hockey and developing under the radar right now. That could be a blessing in disguise. Leivo should be a nice fit to the teams depth along with Carrick after the fill in one year contracts are gone.

I suspected a younger line-up this season but next year and possibly after the tdl is looking like the earliest time players get a call up. I know it would be more fun for me watching a more homegrown team.

We won't even need these 1 year guys next season. Atleast i assume thats the next phase of development for the team.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs-Dallas Stars: Game preview
Tyler Seguin is the hottest sniper in the NHL, currently tied with Patrick Kane for leading scorer, both with 23 points.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/11/09/maple-leafs-dallas-stars-game-preview.html

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Mon Nov 09 2015

AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER

Puck Drop: 8:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key Matchup:Tyler Seguin vs. James Reimer.

Seguin is the hottest sniper in the NHL, and is tied with Chicago’s Patrick Kane for the NHL scoring leads. Seguin has nine goals and 23 points. Reimer is carrying the hot hand in goal for the Maple Leafs and he’ll need to be sharp with Dallas looking to atone for a loss in Toronto last week.

Nice start: The Stars are off to the best start in franchise history after 15 games, with a 12-3-0 record. That betters the previous mark of 10-2-3, set in 1980-81 when they were the Minnesota North Stars.

Rookie star: Defenceman John Klingberg is receiving rave reviews as one of the top blueliners in the NHL thus far. Klingberg picked up a pair of assists on Sunday against the Red Wings and leads all NHL defenceman with 15 points.

Changes: Stars coach Lindy Ruff continues to shuffle his lines despite the club’s outstanding record. Fans and critics are wondering when the lines will stabilize, but Ruff explains: “I’ve been forced into line changes almost every game because of injuries. It’s so hard to score, so I’m trying to create a little bit of motivation by moving people around.”

Up next: Thursday, Leafs at Nashville, 8 p.m.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Will tonight be the night kadri finally scores one? :laugh:

I feel like whenever he does score again its going to be either highlight reel or just garbage.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014

I feel like whenever he does score again its going to be either highlight reel or just garbage.

Do you reckon once the dam bursts, the Leafs will go on a bit of a run? It seems like they work so hard for so little result, that they're due for a bit of a hot streak.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Seems like it at the moment. I'd guess at some terrific deke or just whacking a loose puck.

Yeap. Or like it just barely hits his foot before it goes in, or deflection he tried to get out of the way for hah.
Do you reckon once the dam bursts, the Leafs will go on a bit of a run? It seems like they work so hard for so little result, that they're due for a bit of a hot streak.
Exactly. I think they will definitely get on a roll eventually, hopefully. But probably only for like 3 games, which is fine by me

OvenMittz*

Seems like it at the moment. I'd guess at some terrific deke or just whacking a loose puck.

I see him scoring 2 points tonight.

If he uses his linemates a little more. I can see him getting angry and playing with an edge this game because of what happened last time they were against Dallas.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I like Western road trips. Good to get a break from the peskysens and the Panthers

I am the opposite. I much prefer divisional games. Especially with the new playoff format. I personally think there has to be 70 games against your own conference. Who gives a **** about a Leafs @ Dallas game in November?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I am the opposite. I much prefer divisional games. Especially with the new playoff format. I personally think there has to be 70 games against your own conference. Who gives a **** about a Leafs @ Dallas game in November?

I liked the old format with only 18 games a year against the West. I could do without seeing most of these western conference teams twice a year. Rather play in more meaningful conference and division matchups.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Grabner had better start making something of the chances he gets. I had real high hopes for him when the season started, but he hasn't stood out at any point this season. Babcock has proven with Arcobello and Holland that guys can lose their spots on this team. And Grabner is next.

Hope the forwards can start to break through against Dallas. The stars score a lot, but also give up some good chances on the regular.

imo grabner has been very good posession wise and on the PK. his speed is a great asset.

offense would be a nice bonus but he's been effective without it.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015

I'd be fine even if it went in off of his butt. He deserves a hat trick with how well he has played this season. The hockey gods just aren't fair. :rant:

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
I feel for Kadri big time. He's been working hard but just doesn't have the points to show for it. I'm hoping he gets in and nets a good one tonight. Hunwick with the assist.

But yea it's got to be frustrating for him. Not exactly the year he would have wanted his offence to dry up surely.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I think Dallas will be fired up for this home game, they are still smarting from the loss at the last meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad