GDT: Leafs are losing pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Montreal plays the right way. The system is instilled and enforced.

The Leafs best players don't buy in. They have poor conditioning, still can't control the puck along the boards, and will not take the hit to make a play.

It's hard to cheer for a team when the players aren't likeable.

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
I was out so I didn't see the first period. When I got into my car I put the radio broadcast on and during the intermission they were saying that Phaneuf was playing terrible. Did he have that bad a first period and has he improved since? Obviously I haven't been watching (had planned to watch it later on PVR but doubt I will bother) so I'm actually asking, I'm not being a smartass.

Playing physical, making hits, playing defense, etc. Not having a great game, but at the very least, he's putting forth a captain-like effort not seen on an everyday basis. 1st period wasn't great, but he's picked up his game. An extremely small bright spot on a god-awful team.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
You damn, dirty, buggers! Throwing jerseys on the ice is our thing! :sarcasm:

Hopefully some sly Oiler fans will go out and buy waffles, and chuck 'em on the ice at our next home game. :laugh:

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Lupul's playing a strong game. A beast along the boards and coming around from behind the net.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This team is not as good as Montreal. Lack of caring is an excuse. This just isn't a very good team.

They definitely lack a lot more then just talent. Even the Sabres play like they care. We don't.

They are unprepared and massively unfocused.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
There is lots of bright spots so far. Some guys playing well that were not last year, we just have to get everyone on the same page and we will be fine

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Doesn't matter. The point is that second could've been put to better use. Nonis mismanaged his assets, as usual.

Its the arrogance that drives everyone else nuts around the league. The Leafs can do no wrong -- they even get a 1st line centre for a 2 round pick! That what was being posted here in the pre-season about Peter Holland.

Anaheim knew what they had in Peter Holland and gladly traded him for a 2nd rounder. They knew what the had in Gardner when they threw him into the Lupul deal.

We need to draft high and often and develop long and smart and stop jumping to conclusions before evidence is seen.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
They definitely lack a lot more then just talent. Even the Sabres play like they care. We don't.

They are unprepared and massively unfocused.

no wait a tick no no no

you can't be suggesting this like leadership and character?

no no no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad