Friedman: Leafs and Lightning Interested in Maroon

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
On HNIC Headlines.

-Rumors this week that Leafs are interested in Patrick Maroon though Friedman wonders where he'd fit unless Leafs make a surprise move.

-Also said Tampa is very interested and pointed out tha Jon Cooper coached Maroon on junior hockey

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I mentioned Maroon back in the leaf board and I think he'd be a great complimentary player on our top 9 but like Elliott mentioned, Idk where he would fit unless one of JVR/Komarov/Bozak gets traded

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tampa could use his size but he's a LW which we really don't need when Palat gets back. Unless we move Namestnikov back to 3C full time, he could play with Stamkos I guess. What's the price?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Tampa sounds like they are in on everyone!

Quick everyone dump their Oduya's , M Martin' s and Kruger's while we can!

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Oilers radio hack Bob Stauffer has Oiler fans convinced we'll get a 2nd. I live in reality, so I'll say a 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Could be Komarov + something from the leafs, And yeah Tampa might be looking to move Namestnikov to center.

Would be surprised if these are the teams with the most interest in home though

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers radio hack Bob Stauffer has Oiler fans convinced we'll get a 2nd. I live in reality, so I'll say a 3rd.

I don't think Edmonton is after picks, honestly. I think they'd be more interested in the Leivo's and Erne's of the world.

Lol @ Maroon as press box fodder. Calm down. He's clearly a sizeable offensive upgrade over guys like Komarov and Martin and has 13 goals this year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Tampa makes sense - worth noting that the Oilers and Bruins have been watching each other pretty closely.

I'm very interested on who we're watching in Buffalo, though. MacT has been watching the Sabres for a good week now and I think Keith Gretzky has joined him. Clearly we're very interested in someone... Nelson or Girgs is my guess.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
That little? Interesting. Hard to think he goes for just a third if Lamoriello wants him as much as SY does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
a 3rd or a young player that can likely play for us next season yeah, but someone may pay a 2nd that doesn't want to overpay for the better options available.

Also his low caphit is valuable

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think Edmonton is after picks, honestly. I think they'd be more interested in the Leivo's and Erne's of the world.

Lol @ Maroon as press box fodder. Calm down. He's clearly a sizeable offensive upgrade over guys like Komarov and Martin and has 13 goals this year.

Komorov is our goal to PK forward and Martin isn't playing

I don't see where he'd fit unless we're moving guys like JVR out

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Which you very well could be - I'm guessing the reason Lou reached out was to replace JVR if he got moved.

A first + in for JVR and a 2nd/3rd+ out for Maroon is still a win for TOR.

They were talking on the broadcast that we've taken calls on JVR but we're keeping him for a playoff run

I've got no idea what we're up to

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
RNH isn't available ;)

But yeah no Edmonton shouldn't be downgrading offensively unless it's a huge win.

lol I jest because I have never once seen a satisfactory proposal for RNH. But I must admit you were a good sport about it. Good to know there's at least one person on this board with a sense of humor

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

I'm sorry, he was a 8-9 goal guy until he found McDavid. That production is going to drop playing with a mortal centre.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
lol I jest because I have never once seen a satisfactory proposal for RNH. But I must admit you were a good sport about it. Good to know there's at least one person on this board with a sense of humor

I try, haha.

The trouble is that all Edmonton really needs is better wingers but it's hard to get good winger value back in an RNH deal, all fans want to offer is low 1st + 4th best prospect + youngish third liner/5th defenceman. Meh. Pass. Always pass.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Komorov is our goal to PK forward and Martin isn't playing

I don't see where he'd fit unless we're moving guys like JVR out

I can't see them moving out JVR, not when they are battling for home ice, I know it sounds nuts but is it possible that they move Leivo or Sosh in a deal for Maroon and actually send Kapenan down?

Kapenan doesn't deserve to be sent down but I don't think what he deserves has anything to do with it

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I made a thread about this very topic, before Kapenan came up and Oiler fans seem to be good with Leivo and a 3rd for Maroon

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm sorry, he was a 8-9 goal guy until he found McDavid. That production is going to drop playing with a mortal centre.

*shrug* if guys like Matthews and Kadri are as good as some leafs fans say, shouldn't be much of a drop at all.

Also worth noting Maroon had two ~30 point seasons before he got to Edmonton. He's far from a useless player/pressbox fodder.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd say he'd normally be worth a 2nd, but this year it's a buyer's market. Maybe a 3rd, plus another low pick (hemsky return)

Maroon has lots of utility for a playoff team, where the game gets a bit more physical

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I can't see them moving out JVR, not when they are battling for home ice, I know it sounds nuts but is it possible that they move Leivo or Sosh in a deal for Maroon and actually send Kapenan down?

Kapenan doesn't deserve to be sent down but I don't think what he deserves has anything to do with it

You can't send down Kapanen, he basically is the 4th line right now
He's also getting PK time

I could understand a 4th line center upgrade but a winger? Seems strange

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad