McKenzie: Leafs and Kapanen closing in on an extension (3 years, $3.2M AAV)

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
If hes getting 3.4 than AJ is getting more than that since he imo is a better player than Kap rn. Hopefully it's closer to 3.0 as opposed to 3.5

Hard to see any justification for Johnsson to get more than Kapanen. I'd give him the same deal or slightly less tbh

Reactions: TML1990

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Ok. I guess Dubas should have just let him sign an offersheet for that and gotten like a 3rd round pick back.

Offersheet threat for kapanen really wasnt ever valid(imo). Why would he leave the organization he has been developed by for similar money. The actual deal isn't out yet so it could be closer to 3 than 3.5. I wanted to lock kap+AJ for 6 million. That may have been an understatement on my part. If we can keep it under 6.5 I'll be happy for the two combined

Feb 24, 2017
Nylander signed his deal coming off back to back 60+ point seasons. Boeser has yet to crack 60 once in 3 years.

I thought playoff success was paramount to these contracts? Why change your stance now?
The Canucks don’t have to worry about things like the playoffs while Benning is here. The leafs had two seasons of data showing Nylander pee his pants everywhere when the games got tough.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
My team sucks bad!... now lets talk about how much headspace your team has in my head!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The Canucks don’t have to worry about things like the playoffs while Benning is here. The leafs had two seasons of data showing Nylander pee his pants everywhere when the games got tough.
Wait...so the selling point of your argument to prove Nylander sucks in the playoffs is that your team sucks even worse and can't make the playoffs? Well....well done i guess?

Feb 24, 2017
What a stupid argument.

Another quality and well thought out argument.

Wait...so the selling point of your argument to prove Nylander sucks in the playoffs is that your team sucks even worse and can't make the playoffs? Well....well done i guess?
I just found out you guys had to give up a first round pick to move Marleau. You win. Nylander is awesome and I’m terrible. I’m sorry guys.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Thats a good deal for TO if its 3 years... If its only 2 years though, that would be kinda expected

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad