Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Bernier for Frattin, Scrivens, 2nd in 14 or 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Wow, well it's pretty fair trade. Now just hopefully the typical Leafs trade for a goalie that bust and what they give is amazing doesn't happen. Hopefully Bernier pushes Riemer and both come out on top with the better one our starter. Hard to see Frattin go, loved him (and Gardiner's best friend), hopefully he works out there. I love him as a player. Still think he will be a late bloomer as a very good 3rd/2nd liner. La is a very good fit, and will push him to his best.

Hating it. Why give these assets up for another Reimer? There are much bigger holes to fill than the non-existent "back-up goaltender" hole.

Here's how I see it. It's like a team loading up on 1st or 2nd round picks. Some wont pan out, but with the number of picks the chances of getting a good players/ home run are more likely. With two "riemers" we have a better chance at getting that number one elite franchise goalie. Plus if one gets hurt or play's poorly the other can step in and fill his role well.

Good trade, spare pieces for a goalie with a solid upside. Fairly priced. We can use our #1 pick this year to find a solid forward that can step in to fill the role of Frattin.

Riemers/Bernier is going be a great tantem and whoever emerges to be #1 will be a great NHL starter for us for years to come. Building from solid goaltending out.

Take a look at the LA/Boston/Chicago teams/last year's NYR. Solid goaltending leading to deep playoff runs. Quick/Rask/Lundqvist has stolen games for teams and if bernier pans out, we can get the same.

Frattin will be a good 2nd/3rd line player depending if he can put it all together.

Yeah that is true. Wont be surprised if there are some other big moves/ signings. I can't wait. Also I think this is the first time in a while when Leafs were rumored in a deal they actually came out with it, so that is a plus to the situation.

Last edited:

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Good trade, spare pieces for a goalie with a solid upside. Fairly priced. We can use our #1 pick this year to find a solid forward that can step in to fill the role of Frattin.

Riemers/Bernier is going be a great tantem and whoever emerges to be #1 will be a great NHL starter for us for years to come. Building from solid goaltending out.

Take a look at the LA/Boston/Chicago teams/last year's NYR. Solid goaltending leading to deep playoff runs. Quick/Rask/Lundqvist has stolen games for teams and if bernier pans out, we can get the same.

Frattin will be a good 2nd/3rd line player depending if he can put it all together.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
Bernier will be our starter, mark it down. I love Reimer, but Bernier has that elite potential. I'm excited to have 2 young studs back there.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
having watched a fair share of leafs game i can assure you that Bernier will go into Toronto as the starter and will make a huge impact! the kid is calm, emotionless when giving up a goal, and best of all inspires confidence. you guys should check out KINGS players comments about him after his game, it says it all.

DatsyukNBure*

Ouch. Feel bad for the Leafs on this one. Could turn out to be a great trade or just plain ugly. Frattin is a gem, hope he does well in LA.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I'm a huge Reimer fan, but I'm also a fan of the fact that the Maple Leafs could have the best 1a/1b tandem in the NHL

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Loving this deal!

1. Bernier has the potential to be one of the best tendies in the league. Healthy competition between him and Reims!
2. Frattin goes to a team I don't hate.
3. We keep our 1st AND 2nd in this year's draft!!

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
having watched a fair share of leafs game i can assure you that Bernier will go into Toronto as the starter and will make a huge impact! the kid is calm, emotionless when giving up a goal, and best of all inspires confidence. you guys should check out KINGS players comments about him after his game, it says it all.

This. Bernier will be your starter. You will not be disappointed.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I could have sworn the Kings didn't want our "useless" players in Frattin and Scrivens, going by some posts :laugh:.

Decent price, especially if Bernier turns out to be anything good.

Frattin's a wildcard. I wonder if he can remember how to score again.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
Hating it. Why give these assets up for another Reimer? There are much bigger holes to fill than the non-existent "back-up goaltender" hole.

Are you crazy? As good as Reimer was this season, it was only a 48 game season. He **** the bed in the 3rd plus OT of game 7. Not saying he's not our guy, but having someone like Bernier for competition is amazing.

AlmightyPO

Dec 13, 2009
London
Value wise this is a good deal, but I think those assets could have been better spent filling our bigger needs (Big minute DFD-man or upgrade at centre).

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Poor Reimer, he gets no respect despite playing out of his mind. First, it was Loungo, then the insane Kipper talk and now Bernier.

At least Bernier makes sense as he is young and Leafs could get themselves two good goalies kinda like how Habs used to have with Price/Halak. We gave up less than I thought we would so I am happy with the trade. No need to worry about the goaltending situation and can solely focus on fixing the defense and replace some forward depth.

EDIT: should say I think Reimer should be the #1 starter to start out the season.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I think we got really good value, but I liked Frattin and don't think we really need Bernier

if anything this will set back Reimer - he'll get less time and shows a lack of confidence in him

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Value wise this is a good deal, but I think those assets could have been better spent filling our bigger needs (Big minute DFD-man or upgrade at centre).

Those assets wouldn't have gotten us either of those things. Goalies are cheap in trades.

Now we can shutup about Luongo which is maybe the best part of this deal.

DrizzyTO

OVO
Mar 21, 2013
Sanctuary ||
THANK THE LORD JESUS CHRIST SCRIVENS IS GONEEEE!

Frattin will be missed but his misplay from the breakaway in Game 7 is still snake bitting me.

Reimer-Bernier era guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad