Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5 Canucks 2

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Only Sheldon, who ever whined, and whomever ordered him to call a presser know what really happened. I think to myself what could make someone stand up there looking like a fool and eating a pile of horse puckey and apologizing for "using the wrong words."

I ask myself why would Shelly do that? In the first place he was apologizing for something that happened in the team room with the doors closed, and not in front of the media.

How do I know?

Because the morning papers and morning sportscast had already been read and watched, and neither had mentioned anything about the coach freaking out on the team and using bad words or whatever while doing so. So, there is only one other way this happened, and I ask myself, what in the wide world of sports, would prompt an NHL coach into such a public display of supplication, what could prompt such a public display of contrition?

Go duck go works pretty good as well

Again, there’s no evidence anyone whined. But I agree, we’ll never know exactly what transpired.

The quote he walked back was public and wasn’t really that bad. “The difference between us and Arizona is that we have elite players,” he said in the wake of that loss. “And our elite players didn’t play like elite players.” He’s said much worse both before and after that comment.

As for his motivation for walking back the comments the next day, it’s easy to sit there and come up with conspiracy theories about bruised egos and players running to management to complain, but there’s no reason to believe any of that happened.

Speculation on my part as well, but it’s far more likely imo Keefe on his own decided, with the benefit of 24 hours to cool off, that he wanted to turn down the heat he put on the stars.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You know what? I get excited when I see how a line of Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok is playing. That’s a SC contender 3rd line right there. If they can keep going like this, that’s the depth scoring we need to go deep. I am not going to lie, this team looked really good on Saturday night. Especially without Reaves. I mean, we still need D, but our forwards are set if they play like this every night.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Didn’t watch this one until last night, bonkers weekend. Telling you boys and girls, kids hockey will take take over your life in a heartbeat.

Nothing from me that hasn’t been said already, what a great game. Can we do that about 60 more times this season please?

Loved the responses to the hits in the first f*** ya. Do not care one bit that they got instigators on both.. sometimes you’ll take them sometimes not, don’t care, go ahead and take it. Scored on on both of them, also don’t care. If they brought the same level of try to that game and lost 2-1 from those penalties, that’s fine too. But they didn’t, it just geared them up, as it should. That’s the hockey that doesn’t show up on charts.

What else? Just a good team game right? Been said lots here.. 4th line did good for a game, reworked 3rd line continues to look good , Willy is out of mind to start the season, for one full game this season the D looked like it was at a serviceable NHL level. McCabe is more important than he should be lol. Maybe our AHL D depth is better than expected?

Reports of Sammy’s death greatly exaggerated. We are going to need him and Woll through this season, we should really work on not going off the rails every time a PP blasts a cross ice pass in, it’s gonna happen. The team success isn’t going to be goalie-ing teams. The good news if they can just play competent D in front of either one, both are good enough to just save what they are supposed to save. At some point both will probably get hot for some stretch, and you run with it a bit.

Great game. GLG.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mikeyz

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Interesting weekend stats-wise.

The much-maligned Nylander, Domi, Bertuzzi and Jarnkrok led all forwards with +3 each, while the only minus forwards were Knies (-1) and Matthews, Marner, and Reeves (each -2).

Willy with 3 goals (2 unassisted, including a shortie), and Max, Bert, and the Mann with multiple assists.

Now all we need is for that fourth line (Matty, Mitch, and Knies) to contribute.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Racer88

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Great game for the Buds! Seemed like they had no gas in the first, but with fights from Gio and Domi to defend teammates after hits it was clear they had some life in them. Big win on a back to back against one of the high flying teams in the league, this is something you can build on.

Fourth line was productive immediately without Reaves lmao.
Yup. Anyone that says real organic fights don’t invigorate the team just don’t know hockey or are just pacifist

Reactions: LeafGrief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad