Post-Game Talk: leafs 3 vgk... forget about it

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Saw that loss coming from a mile away, no way they were walking out of Vegas with a win on New Years Eve. Don't know how Vegas keeps rolling like that. Nice to see Matthews individual effort though...

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
So infuriating watching the same guys cost the team the game every time.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
everyones drunk and stoned there , no wonder the fans have such a good time.

gardiner, f*** off.
marincin, f*** off.
polak... ehhh.. him too.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Matthews was really good.
We got outworked and outskated again.
Kapanen is clearly a better player than Leivo and should be seeing playing time first.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
One of the worst defensive performances in recent memory. I'm pretty sure the defense was more competent in the tank for Matthews season.

Matthews tried his best but there was nothing else.

Carrick is not the solution but he sure as hell is better than both Polak and Marincin combined.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Shame VGK couldn't have gotten Leivo and Kapanen, woulda been doing sick there I bet.

Meanwhile we have generational agitation in Komarov and generational icing abilities in Polak, so we'd be great regardless
lol well the good news is leipsic only has one goal, and it wasnt against us.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Honestly I blame the coaching more in this one than I do the players. There were a lot of inexcusable decisions made in this game. I can think back to that dominant marner shift (which should have been followed up by matthews) instead he put out marleau and brown and we got scored on. Then there was the marner demotion, hyman playing almost 20 mins I mean these things just don't work when you are down in the game and trying to press. Aside from all of that, we need a solid #4 d and fast around here, to state the obvious.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Sounds like we were done in by numerous defensive gaffs. Sucks because it looks like Matthews nearly willed the Leafs back into it.

Happy New Year folks.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
GO LEAFS... er GO KNIGHTS GO!

9AWGOXV.png

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
After evaluating a team's talent level you should be able to see if they are playing to their potential...
My question is.....do you think that this team is performing to their potential or not?
On the season and not on just this game..

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
I would respect Babcock a hell whole of a lot more if he went on a binge against NHL officiating. It is absolute garbage.

Something is holding our team back, and I think it might be the 'systems'.

member 262271

So lucky to have Matthews. End of a 3in4 nights stretch I think I expected too much. Oh well, hockey gonna hockey.

raydizzle

Aug 8, 2010
Not sure what Gardiner was trying to do there near the end... wasted all that work by Matthews. Matthews was wide open waiting for a 1 timer and the guy is just brain dead as always.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Saw that loss coming from a mile away, no way they were walking out of Vegas with a win on New Years Eve. Don't know how Vegas keeps rolling like that. Nice to see Matthews individual effort though...

They keep rolling like this because they consistently outwork their opponent.

Add to that they have really good team speed and have gotten good goaltending.

They actually look alot like we did last year where they outskate and outwork the other team on a nightly basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad