Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
No, I suspect Nylander will help. But I will make no bones about Marner.I dont think he will be a big factor in this series and suspect it will get very physical if we win game 3.
Dude it’s already the most physical of series, will get lol.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Solid win.
Matthews a beast.
Too many stupid penalties almost cost us.
Should really make some changes to the defense and get Brodie in. And we really need Nylander back.
Lol @ Marchand being a whiny diver.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No, I suspect Nylander will help. But I will make no bones about Marner.I dont think he will be a big factor in this series and suspect it will get very physical if we win game 3.

Normally playoff series taper off in physicality after both teams have had their home openers and elimination gets closer. So sliding in Willie and McMann fresh could be positive.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Aside from the the assumptions, is there indication Nylander is back on Wednesday ?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Everyone off the ledge now?

4th line is an inspiration. Top line was rolling.

Edmundson was a beast
The ledge has a 1 foot high guard rail after last night . High enough to show us the edge but not high enough to keep us from flying off

I have yet to see anything in regards to a return.
Sure would like to know what this mystery injury is……maybe rehab

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
just thinking about marner again, i truly think this adversarial attitude he has with the media/fanbase just goes to show the pressure he feels here, the fact that he just cant raise or even maintain his game in the most pressure filled situations goes to show he might just not be built for those moments. hes a great player but i really just dont see it with him, feels like he doesnt want the puck on his stick the same way come playoffs.

Reactions: Peasy

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Exactly, just brain dead throw it anywhere. I keep saying it, poise, that’s what holds him back. Last night was wild watching him panic.
Justin Bourne said it pretty good post game on leafs talk, good listen. He panic passes and just passes his problems to another teammate. Doesnt give them a better pass at all. Not ready for playoff hockey

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014

Most of the stats check out, the only surprising ones for me were Knies and Lyubushkin

Knies was horrendous, props to him for fighting through the hits but he contributes nothing to L2

That's where the loss of McMann is hurting us a lot. He fit like a glove there and can push Knies down to L3 where he does better against weaker competition

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Justin Bourne said it pretty good post game on leafs talk, good listen. He panic passes and just passes his problems to another teammate. Doesnt give them a better pass at all. Not ready for playoff hockey
Heard that, it was so spot on. There was one wild play where he threw a four foot high panic pass across the ice on the wall to nobody at all, and the pressure wasn't even that intense. I keep him in the lineup, but honestly if he can't move the puck, hard pressed to see his value. He wasn't skating either. The metrics suggest he's been our worse performer after two games, my eye agrees lol.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
To me it seems Lillegren is hearing footsteps when he has the puck and is panicking. He's been run into the boards through the year, I think he's injured a shoulder that way last year. Too bad because our D lacks that Crisp puck moving ability already and he needs to bring it.

Reactions: DarkKnight

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I wish we had the extra day off before game 3 instead of 4, give Nylander extra time to get close to 100%

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
To me it seems Lillegren is hearing footsteps when he has the puck and is panicking. He's been run into the boards through the year, I think he's injured a shoulder that way last year. Too bad because our D lacks that Crisp puck moving ability already and he needs to bring it.
Adam Fox for Lilegren. Who says no?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
At least he hits and clears the net etc. Liljegren does absolutely nothing when he's not playing well.
Scariest part of the series so far?

We still haven't had that "Liljegren standing in front of his own net like a deer caught in the headlights as the puck goes in" moment or 4 yet.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Scariest part of the series so far?

We still haven't had that "Liljegren standing in front of his own net like a deer caught in the headlights as the puck goes in" moment or 4 yet.
Yeah he will cost us at some point if he keeps playing. I know he hasn't been much better but I'd rather have Brodie TBH.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Observations:

Tavares looked old and slow to me. Yes, goal (blown coverage by Bruins), but most of the night was invisible or bad.

Not sure why Domi is not on the first line PP. Him and Matthews have some pretty good chemistry.

Nice to see Reaves add a physical presence. On one goal had two people covering the same point. Ugggh

Domi is a good player when he focuses on the game vs doing stupid crap.
JT's goals was on the PP, so 'blown coverage' is a bit harsh. I thought the key to that goal was Jarnkrok lifting DeBrusk's stick so that Matty's pass (not a particularly good one, imo - if that got picked off it's a breakaway) could get to JT.

Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing the whole top line on the PP, with WIlly and Mo or Lily on the points.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I am seriously starting to think we might be better off letting Marner walk for the cap space. Let him know he's not in the plans going forward and maybe he waives. Especially because Domi is doing his role better. Resign Domi long term though. Perfect beside Matthews and not surper expensive.

Hopefully we see Bertuzzi on the scoresheet soon.

Nice win by the team. I'm no fan of Samsonov but nice response by him.

Beautiful goal by Matthews.

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad