Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
They are now in the drivers seat. Hold serve and the series is yours. No excuses, they clearly have the better talent up front.
Last night they came on as the game progressed, it was a series changing moment. They won without Nylander and a healthy Marner, with grit and determination. Its now a 5 game series with 3 in Toronto and Boston will not be feeling the same after that game. We beat them at their game.

Reactions: ToneDog

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Bourne said it well last night, he just moves the puck to someone else's problem, zero IQ plays all night. To me easily our worst D man, if he can't move the puck, what he bring? I'd keep him in but I want more.
I’m seeing it a little differently than Bourne who has a long anti-Lili perspective, but I’ll admit to some bias here too. I think he’s handled the forecheck and breakouts fine - again, acknowledging that the opposition is no slouch and in their barn.
I’m expecting a couple more fluid games at home.
I’m with you that I’d like to see more….this isn’t the best he’s ever played or anything. I do notice some reciprocal yips between him and Edmundson which I attribute mostly to familiarity and is understandable. That can clean up too.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The question is will they play better? I think we are winning more with grit and determination than skill right now.

Matthews had 3 points. They scored 3 goals.

Their best player showed up, and yes he was helped by his linemates, Domi and Bertuzzi.

Matthews has to be their best player, and it should be demanded of him.

Interesting hits counts:
1713882385097.png

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Gotta give Reaves credit. I was probably his biggest detractor the day that contract was signed. He played a big role tonight.

Matthews showing the world what he’s capable of.

Marner a ghost…..

Lyubushkin should never touch the puck. Ever.

Knies needs to keep his head up, I bet he comes out of the lineup for Nylander even if just to heal some bruises.

I doubt it.

We need the big body.

I am still trying to figure out what got Boosh so worked up. Anyone have any idea?

Boston player slashed Sammy once during the play and again just after the whistle.

I think Boosh's response was good.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The real question is does Boston come back with Swayman? What the Leafs are learning is they dont need Marner to win. I Imagine Knies comes out if Nylander comes back.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The real question is does Boston come back with Swayman? What the Leafs are learning is they dont need Marner to win. I Imagine Knies comes out if Nylander comes back.

Boston 100% is coming back with Swayman. They’ve been alternating and it’s his turn and they won his game and lost ullmark’s, so there no question what they’ll do as far as I see it. Not that Ullmark is the reason they lost whatsoever

Reactions: ToneDog

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
I find that when you put 3 of 4 of the big 4 together it doesn't usually work. Especially Nylander-Matthews-Marner.. And JT plays well next to Knies.

I'd actually go:

Knies - JT - Willy
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - Marner
I do agree with you but the limited time Willy-JT-Marner had together this year, they dominated every shift.

Reactions: DarkKnight

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Boston 100% is coming back with Swayman. They’ve been alternating and it’s his turn and they won his game and lost ullmark’s, so there no question what they’ll do as far as I see it. Not that Ullmark is the reason they lost whatsoever
Yeah it wasnt Ullmark, it could have been 2 more goals I thought. Swayman looked laser hot though.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
No way Knies comes out IMO. With the way the 4th line has been playing, I'd bet Robertson sits for Willy.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I do agree with you but the limited time Willy-JT-Marner had together this year, they dominated every shift.
I tend to think sheltering Marner and going with some size is the better idea. Right now Reeves is more dominant than Marner and the reason is Boston is scared of him.Id go Knies JT Nylander myself.

No way Knies comes out IMO. With the way the 4th line has been playing, I'd bet Robertson sits for Willy.
Ok, Im all for size against Boston. Grit and determination plus not getting pushed around won that game last night.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He hasn't been very good. He's getting pumped and dumped pretty hard too. He's a big body and all, but Robertson has been a lot more effective. He got robbed of 2 goals so far this series, whereas Knies has just been there.

I'd take my chance and let Knies stew for a game.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Sucks for Robby cause I think he's actually been pretty solid and he's had his chances. But it's the nature of the beast, hopefully he can take on a bigger role next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad