Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Flopping won't work for us the way it does for Boston, Florida and Tampa.
Actually, it works for any team located in the 'USA, USA, USA'! All Bettman and Jacobs care about is building the American side of the NHL.

Reactions: Metroid

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
4th line is absolutely dialed.
Keep that line and the 1st line in tact. Then run:

Willy-JT-Marner
Knies-Holmberg-Jarnkrok

I find that when you put 3 of 4 of the big 4 together it doesn't usually work. Especially Nylander-Matthews-Marner.. And JT plays well next to Knies.

I'd actually go:

Knies - JT - Willy
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - Marner

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Dude punched him in the face then cried like a little bitch when Boosh retaliated. Seems like the entire Boston team is feeding off Marchand.
Well, he is their DOUCH of a captain, so feeding off him seems normal. The Entire Boston organization, including his teammates, should be embarrassed by Marchand and his douchy act.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Benoit has struggled a whole lot worse. His play on the 2nd goal was baffling as well.

I'd put Brodie for him for game 3.
Yeah he could be better as well but at least he can bring some toughness.
2nd goal was 'baffling' for sure but a crazy pass by Zacha was really the goal.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Most of the stats check out, the only surprising ones for me were Knies and Lyubushkin

I tried to argue last night that Boosh was quite good. He made so many smart little plays that allowed us to get out of our zone and he made a few tertiary offensive moves to keep it in their end. Last two weeks of the season he struggled, but he’s been effective these playoffs and last game was high as well.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Benoit has struggled a whole lot worse. His play on the 2nd goal was baffling as well.

Someone brought up (think Jack Han), that it was Knies who caused the 2nd goal.

Benoit was following his man and Knies was too eager to get to his assignment and got in his way.

Edit - here:

He discusses it more in the thread there.

Also why the talking heads are often wrong, he calls out Bieksa for saying it was Marner.

They don't know the systems.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Marner's play is just annoying at this point. I believe there is a star in there somewhere, we just don't get to see him night in and night out.

Reactions: Al14

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Boston was putting up lottery team level slot shots and cycle chances.

We need to have a defining game 3. We should be going into the 3rd with a multi-goal lead the way Boston is playing 5v5

Our crushing dmen are a big reason boston is struggling on the cycle

Reactions: Duffman955

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Marner's play is just annoying at this point. I believe there is a star in there somewhere, we just don't get to see him night in and night out.

He already has had his playoff struggles but it’s clear that he’s still recovering from his injury which makes him loook even worse.

Keefe needs to be smarter about his useage.

Reactions: aingefan

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I don’t think Brodie is the solution either. He has looked lost on a lot of plays this season. he seems like a washed up veteran where all the mileage has caught up to him.

Reactions: Duffman955

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He discusses it more in the thread there.

Also why the talking heads are often wrong, he calls out Bieksa for saying it was Marner.

They don't know the systems.
His analysis is a bit broken saying that Knies shouldn't be keen on the strong side D with a high puck carrier while Marner is correctly placed our of a danger zone on a non passing option.

He's correct that we play man on man, what happens is Benny and Knies get jumbled up and Pasta goes to the high slot. Marner should read and switch from his loose point coverage once that occurs, instead he plays tighter on point and it pulls him out of position.

A few things could prevent the goal
1. Knies taking a better route
2. Benoit staying on Pasta instead of anticipating a switch
3. Marner in soft point coverage instead of tightening on the non threat

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I tried to argue last night that Boosh was quite good. He made so many smart little plays that allowed us to get out of our zone and he made a few tertiary offensive moves to keep it in their end. Last two weeks of the season he struggled, but he’s been effective these playoffs and last game was high as well.

That’s good. I want to like the Booshkin. Glad to see the stats or good for him. I get nervous when he’s out there, thinking a bad penalty is a play away. Sometimes his crease coverage is not good. Hope he keeps up the good work.

Reactions: DarkKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad