Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Love Reeves' presence & his competed level in this series so far. Seems to have added another gear to Kemp's physical play too.

Way to go Sammy, Auston, Domi & Captain T :thumbu:

Keep the stupid penalties @ bay & don't go brain dead in last seconds of periods PLEASE!

Whoever started the pre game thread and game thread need to do it again
candidate for Hart :thumbu:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Love Reeves' presence & his competed level in this series so far. Seems to have added another gear to Kemp's physical play too.

Way to go Sammy, Auston, Domi & Captain T :thumbu:

Keep the stupid penalties @ bay & don't go brain dead in last seconds of periods PLEASE!

candidate for Hart :thumbu:
Conn Symthe, 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Alamo Leafer

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I'm glad to see the team finally won a game.

That five game losing streak was a little nerve wracking. I have high expectations for them again this year. If they can't beat a decrepit Boston Bruins team then the rot is deeper than I thought.

There's no reason for the Leafs to lose this series.

Other than if they get in their own heads. Because other than their goaltending Boston stinks. They're a bubble team led by a rat known more for his antics than his play.

Leafs in five seems like a good call to me still.

Boston is a bubble team supported by good goaltending. Leafs offense should be able to beat them. Going out in the first round this year would be insufferable.

Taking a step back now would be worse than never taking that step forward in the first place.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Ullmark was not bad but i think they go with Sway until he loose, so hopefully Bruins alternate goalies the rest of the series.

Reactions: leafs in five

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
They were the better team and deserved to win. Mathew’s with an incredible game. Filthy winning goal. Sammy rebounded with a better game. Also liked the 4th line alot

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
When you take Marner away from Matthews, Marner becomes invisible and Matthews becomes Mr. Everything.

Throwing hits. Stealing pucks. 70% on the face off dot. Last man back on defensive exits. Helps control the opponents cycle and stick handles out of trouble. Saved a goal behind Samsonov. Scored the GWG. Primary assist on the 2 other goals.

Meanwhile, when Marner comes to contract negations and says he’s as good as Matthews - you just show him this clip:

Legitimately gave away the puck and gave Boston a good scoring chance because he realizes he’s first man to the puck and decides to let Boston take it instead and no one was expecting that on the Leafs so they were pinching for the cycle.

Last edited:

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Bertuzzi at 20 mins a night is gonna be a difference maker.

We are spoil with elite finesse from top players, that we take for granted players like Bert because he looks choppy compared to how they move the puck. A failed pass looks way ugly from Bert compared to nylander.

last night show how he was able to get points so easy last playoffs. They robbed him an assist last night he should have 2 points.

you need a good pk so your pests can get into rhythm. The stupid penalties should exit but I did laugh when I saw him go out his way to slash Marchand. He put it in area where refs sometimes let you do it.

Also 20 mins will restore his offensive mechanics. He barely touches the puck because he's low on depth chart on leafs so in way he gets rustier.

5 shots 4 hits 2* points should have been the line. The goals will come if he keeps taking shots too. Last, whether he throw hit or taking one or using his body, he stroll back to bench with same expression everytime. No sign of pain or deteriorate. Just another normal shift for him.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Everybody, including Samsonov were really strong for the most part, I can't call it a perfect game because there were a couple things That I'd like to see them not do anymore, like David Kampf unplugging the controller and just kind of looking at the puck like he'd never seen one before on the Bruins PP goal.

Kampf just kind of stopped on that play.

There was also Bertuzzi taking a REALLY bad penalty with about 6 minutes to go let's NOT do that.

They gave the 1st goal again, hopefully that trend stops.

Samsonov was responsible for the 2nd goal because he decided to dick around with the puck, he's not, and has never been good at handling the puck stop doing that.

that being said Samsonov did make some BIG saves, he was very good overall.

Matthews Domi and Bertuzzi were great despite Bertuzzi's dumb penalty.

The 4th line had a VERY strong night, they hemed Boston in their zone for 30+ seconds multiple times they were GREAT.

And hey it was nice to see the other team get a coaching penalty for once.

Hopefully Nylander plays game 3

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I feel this team has what it takes to unite the board. they can beat Boston on the strength of the additions so maligned by loyalists to the old GM (Domi, Bert, Reaves!) with contributions from the failed tiktok addict core and the patchwork D and bargain bin goaltending required by the stars' combined salary

Reactions: Racer88

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Samsonov was responsible for the 2nd goal because he decided to dick around with the puck, he's not, and has never been good at handling the puck stop doing that.
in the end he made a decent enough pass to Lily who imo made a decent enough pass to Edmundson who whiffed on it. I was pissed at Sammy too and impressed they overcame it.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think that's just an old clip of him that's been posted over the video lol. He doesn't sound anywhere near that sharp anymore. Edwards would never be such a non-homer

Lol it's an old audio clip.

Yes yes, I should have known. I could tell his speech was 'normal'. This is why I hate the internet. I am officially old today - though I will blame the high from the win!

Reactions: Zacman

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The lack of points not problem with Marner.

The problem is he doesn't have his vintage playoff 99% xGF and possession time.

He doesn't need video game level points if he's strong possession within Tres heavy hit team. The game will work itself out for us whether he score or not.

We need him to create the flow of the game like in past losses. Recipe is better now.
WTF did I just read?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Any mouth-breathing smooth-brains want to trash Matthews some more tonight?

This team has a million "fans" who couldn't see the sun from Mercury!
Seeing Mercury on the sun is pretty subtle

From 2019,
IMG_8234.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad