Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
3 of the next 4 are at home… glad they went with Sammy.

Auston with 3 points… that’s how you get down to business.

JT with the monster goal to turn the game around.

Hope Styles is back on Wednesday… it’s time to beat these Bruins when they’re down.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
i definitely think our best lineup is:

bert - matthews - domi
mcmann - tavares - marner --> defensive
knies - holmberg - nylander
dewar - kampf - reaves/jarnkrok

rielly - boosh
benoit - mccabe
brodie - lilly
I’d personally agree with top line
Marner and Willy winger in 2nd line and tavares cantering the third line!!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
i definitely think our best lineup is:

bert - matthews - domi
mcmann - tavares - marner --> defensive
knies - holmberg - nylander
dewar - kampf - reaves/jarnkrok

rielly - boosh
benoit - mccabe
brodie - lilly
Reaves isn't coming out, McMann might have to wait his turn. He isn't close either imo.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
received_1121923762369119.jpeg

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
But but but playing physical isn't important.

That was the first game in a long time, maybe all season where I thought the Leafs played proper. Still physical, but completely under control. Now, if they can tidy up the asinine after the whistle shit*, then we are a go.

* = yes some of those calls are weak, so don't give the refs the opportunity to be losers
I think you need the after the whistle stuff. It helps to set a tone and wear guys down. Late in a series that can turn into something useful. Penalties are a risk, but sometimes the trade-off is worth it.

Reactions: Jojalu

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Guys, can I ask a huge favour of everyone? Can we please save the trolling and gloating and shit talk until we advance (if) on the main boards.

We have a very long history of f***ing everything up and it does the fanbase no favours.

Just play the massive underdog role and how golly appreciative we are for being allowed to play the Bruins after the regular season

Then if we win, absolutely go nuts. Shit on their grandparents and everything they believe in.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think you need the after the whistle stuff. It helps to set a tone and wear guys down. Late in a series that can turn into something useful. Penalties are a risk, but sometimes the trade-off is worth it.
Yes, we need after the whistle stuff, but it does not have to be a punch to the face, or a slash so the Bruin can dive. Grab his stick, or his collar and get in his face, hell bear-hug him if you want, just no chincy stuff that the refs can call.. cause we all know they will.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yes, we need after the whistle stuff, but it does not have to be a punch to the face, or a slash so the Bruin can dive. Grab his stick, or his collar and get in his face, hell bear-hug him if you want, just no chincy stuff that the refs can call.. cause we all know they will.
But we also know that as a series evolves the number of minor penalties called tends to decrease. I don't think this series will even go 6 games, but if it does there will be fewer penalties called in game 6 compared to game 1.

Reactions: wingman75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad