Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I can’t believe how soft Boston has become.

Instead of physically punishing Toronto like in the past, they’re resorting to flopping and diving in a desperate hope to draw penalties.

Marchand gets slashed by Bert on his right leg, then does a stop/drop/roll on the ice clutching his left leg.

What an embarrassment - - it’s great to see the Bruins turning into cream puffs.
Boston is SHIT 5-on-5. They're flopping and diving because they're screwed without an overwhelming PP advantage.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Skys the limit if we get to round 2.

Have to imagine the rest of the East has taken notice to how Leafs are laying the body.

By round 3 you're hanging on by a thread. Imagine having to face the Leafs.

Guarantee you they're praying Boston takes us out

*I say this assuming we'll have all of the 3 amigos running offense, insulated by this beast of a team.

Reactions: Strangle

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
If it's Marner glued to Matthews wing tonight how many points does he get? 1 at best? And obviously a Leafs L too.
You are preaching to the choir. I wanted Marner traded three years ago. He is an exceptionally skilled player with insane vision, when you have a player like Matthews, you need guys who did what Hyman did, "get him the puck...and fast!". Marner is not built for the playoffs, he is too East/West.

Brad would be wiser to trade Marner...let him walk if you need to (yes, I said it), in order to re-sign Bert and Domi. You might still have some money over for some depth. We will also see Brodies contract come off of the book AND a cap increase.

It is far from over this series, but the future vision must be clear. Which is why I am quite happy that Brad didn't overpay at the deadline. Caution is the better part of valour.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Instead of physically punishing Toronto like in the past, they’re resorting to flopping and diving in a desperate hope to draw penalties.

Marchand gets slashed by Bert on his right leg, then does a stop/drop/roll on the ice clutching his left leg.

What an embarrassment - - it’s great to see the Bruins turning into cream puffs.

Teams have always done that against us. Remember Tampa? Pretty telling that the 'best organizations' in the NHL need to do this to beat the renowned playoff chokers...

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Leafs have an advantage now. They have to keep it. I think the Ulmark and Swayman alternating will cause some internal struggles now that one is losing. Willy coming back would be huge. The Leafs also have to learn to flop. If every other team has no integrity and are rewarded, it is time to play the Bettman game.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I really liked that in the last 6 minutes, starting with that PK, that the Leafs effectively made it a boring finish (mostly).

They didn't get pinned in, they won battles to get the puck out, and they played smart aggressive up ice to made it harder for Boston to get the zone.

That's how to close out a game

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I'm sorry, but I can't be the only one tired of watching Boston start shit after the whistle CONSTANTLY, and then the Leafs doing the same and taking penalties. How about calling McAvoy or Carlo or Maroon for their love of throwing punches after the whistle once in a while?
I hate to say it but they're just better at it. Bertuzzi, Boosh and McCabe had absolutely no tact on those plays. The refs don't have a choice but to call those. Really stupid.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Holmberg or jarnkrok
I was originally thinking Jarnkrok becuase of the rust, but he was pretty crucial protecting the lead.

Holmberg has done nothing deserving to be taken out but it probably will be him.

Robertson has had 2 really big chances and been robbed by both goalies.

Very tough choice that will be scrutinized and debatec endlessly for the upcoming 2 days

ashs

Oct 27, 2007

That's why we gotta stay disciplined they can't match our physical play

Reactions: Bomber0104

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
"But we need to get Marner and Matthew back together!"
On sale in the lobby

1713838266334.png

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Marner shooting the puck on both pps is so laughable. Trade this whiner, 34 needs tougher guys like 59 and 11. Sammy got a call from his father!
What's hilarious is that I'm getting frustrated with no one else f***ing shooting when they get the chance...

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Have to imagine the rest of the East has taken notice to how Leafs are laying the body.

Steady.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leafs have an advantage now. They have to keep it. I think the Ulmark and Swayman alternating will cause some internal struggles now that one is losing. Willy coming back would be huge. The Leafs also have to learn to flop. If every other team has no integrity and are rewarded, it is time to play the Bettman game.

Hopefully Willy is good enough to go on Wednesday

Reactions: Al14 and Jojalu

ashs

Oct 27, 2007

Don't get ahead of yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad