Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 5th-round (#146) -- Michael Koster - 5' 9"/172 lbs HIGH-MN CHASKA

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010
Listen, all I'm saying is if you've had no luck with Americans in late rounds in the past 20 years (look it up!) but pretty decent luck with Swedes and Finns.... I dunno, maybe let the Euro scouts do their thing and stop wasting picks on Americans?!? but yeah I know, we're no "pros" and these guys know better... yup, that's just it <grin>

member 300185

Not a good pick. It was a waste. He is a small D man with average skating. HE WILL NEVER PLAY IN THE NHL. Leafs need big fast and skilled D men, not hobbits.

Tell me how well you think he will do against a Crosby or Malkin bearing down on him at full speed?

Reactions: gordonshumway

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not a good pick. It was a waste. He is a small D man with average skating. HE WILL NEVER PLAY IN THE NHL. Leafs need big fast and skilled D men, not hobbits.

Tell me how well you think he will do against a Crosby or Malkin bearing down on him at full speed?
Yeah sign me up for all the big fast and skilled defensemen available at pick 146. Teams don't take those early right? Definitely not.

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010
Detroit just took a 6-2 right handed shot dman in the 6th round.... but hey, we don't need any of those skills right?!?! <facepalm>

member 300185

Yeah sign me up for all the big fast and skilled defensemen available at pick 146. Teams don't take those early right? Definitely not.
Have you not been paying attention to the draft? There has been plenty of over 6 foot D men with many 6'3 and up.

Im not enjoying Dubas's picks and I do not like our scouting staff. But hey, you could be right that a hobbit sized D men with less than average skating would make the Leafs. :sarcasm:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Have you not been paying attention to the draft? There has been plenty of over 6 foot D men with many 6'3 and up.

Im not enjoying Dubas's picks and I do not like our scouting staff. But hey, you could be right that a hobbit sized D men with less than average skating would make the Leafs. :sarcasm:
Were those players over 6 foot fast and skilled? Or are you actually just freaking out about size?

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009

... in their wheel chairs.

Reactions: nuck

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

If you pick d-men at this range, they'll have flaws in their game. If you put Crosby or Malkin against a d-man with any kind of significant flaws in their game, it's not going to look pretty. Your argument is therefor fundamentally flawed.

member 300185

If you pick d-men at this range, they'll have flaws in their game. If you put Crosby or Malkin against a d-man with any kind of significant flaws in their game, it's not going to look pretty. Your argument is therefor fundamentally flawed.

How is it flawed if it is actually correct and agreed by you? Poor skating, small D men do not do well at this level. Hell, I'd be surprised if he made the Marlies.

member 300185

I've had it with Dubas. Does he have some size phobia?!? Why on earth would you waste a pick on a smallish american defenceman?!? Why not let the euro scouts do what they do and get us some Swedish or Finnish prospect who may *actually* amount to something? So frustrating to watch this clown waste picks.
I'd hit my like button, but I don't have it for awhile yet. lol

Mar 12, 2009

Which large 5th rounder that is fast enough to stop Crosby and Malkin at full speed did you want them to take?

Reactions: stopclickbait

member 300185

Which large 5th rounder that is fast enough to stop Crosby and Malkin at full speed did you want them to take?
Do you want me to list all of them? Or is it that you just like to argue and like this pick. Do you like this pick?

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010

Yeah but like they say, you cannot teach size. Why not pick guys at least 6ft, 6-1 with flaws in their game that can be corrected instead of guys whose size pretty much ensures they'll never make it? That's what bugs me about picks like this.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I've had it with Dubas. Does he have some size phobia?!? Why on earth would you waste a pick on a smallish american defenceman?!? Why not let the euro scouts do what they do and get us some Swedish or Finnish prospect who may *actually* amount to something? So frustrating to watch this clown waste picks.

Maybe he did listen to his scouts and the scouts thought this player had the highest potential? You know, the people who've actually watched the prospects play hockey and know more than the simple fact that he's a "smallish american defenseman".

Crazy, I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad