Prospect Info: Leafs 2017 7th Rd Pick (#203 OA) - Ryan O'Connell - 6'1" 170lbs LHD - St.Andrew(CAHS)

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Excited about this pick. He's playing for my hometown vees next year. I will be able to keep you guys updated

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Good two-way guy and a good skater. Going to a good program in penticton in the BCHL next season and Boston University the following year

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Penticton is 45 minutes up the highway from me and always catch a few home games each year.

Also watch all the Vees game when they play against the home team West Warriors.

Saw Jost amd Fabbro play for Penticton, So I'll get a chance to see him in person.

member 157595

So is he committed to BU or BC? They hate each other, for those not familiar with college hockey. :laugh:

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
I played against him this year. Even though our prep league doesn't match up to the ohl and other jr leagues, he dominated the whole time

member 157595

Can someone tell this stupid American what program this guy comes from?

member 157595

It's private school league in canada

Thank you, that's why I've never heard of it. :laugh:

This late in the draft, I'd be pleased to get a guy that BU is highly interested in. The Terriers are outstanding at developing NHL talent and they don't just take any guy off the street.

The BCHL is a really good pre-NCAA junior league, I'd put it 2nd only to the USHL in North America in terms of NCAA prep talent. Penticton is a good program for him to go to. Hoping for the best.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Looks like a solid pick. It's going to be a long road for him to make the NHL, but that's perfectly okay. He's heading to a duo of really good programs in Penticton and then B.U.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad