Prospect Info: Leafs 1st. Pick - 4th. overall - Mitch Marner, RW/C, London (OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
We will talk in 5 years when Hanifin turns into a beast alright?

Marner better become the next Gretzky for me to be happy with this.

What are you talking about? Marner has grown with mark hunter, home town boy. Fits perfectly, forget his size.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Woo I'm am all for this pick :).

I wanted one of the main trio, we got one. I have no complaints to give about this pick. You get someone super skilled, works hard, and as a bonus is an Ontario kid. Win/win/win!

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Stash him in London and groom him as a C, and hope he has a late growth spurt (entirely possible considering his age and how much he's grown since joining the OHL) and watch him on team canada as one of leaders on that team ... Exciting times in leaf-land!

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I was leaning Hanifin, but it's no biggie. Unlike a lot of other people around here, I certainly don't think I know better than guys like Hunter. If they preferred Marner, it was most likely for a good reason.

It's also not like I can't understand that we are talking about choosing between a bunch of very good alternatives.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
I was leaning Hanifin, but it's no biggie. Unlike a lot of other people around here, I certainly don't think I know better than guys like Hunter. If they preferred Marner, it was most likely for a good reason.

It's also not like I can't understand that we are talking about choosing between a bunch of very good alternatives.

Exactly this. Welcome home Mitch!

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
comments like this are so stupid, go away

We will see

I hope I am wrong. Believe me. You have no idea how badly I want to be proven wrong about this. But I won't.

Marner weighs 160 pounds guys!!!!, he is going to get constantly man handled off the puck in the NHL. Mark my words.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Yup, exactly this. I believe in Hunter.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This guy is a center.

He'll be playing center next year.

This is a great pick. We have our next Doug Gilmour. Kid is a spitting image of him.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Draft a bunch of perimeter players and then complain why no one can do **** on the ice. New mantra

Reactions: SprDaVE

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
We will see

I hope I am wrong. Believe me. You have no idea how badly I want to be proven wrong about this. But I won't.

Marner weighs 160 pounds guys!!!!, he is going to get constantly man handled off the puck in the NHL. Mark my words.

Well, it's not like he can't put on weight. He's only 18. Patrick Kane is 177 pounds and his size doesn't seem to hurt him.

emg0827

Apr 4, 2015
We will see

How big is Tyler johnson? Nikita Kucherov?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
We will see

He isn't going to play in the NHL tonight, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad