OT: Leaf Lounge V. 96: The Night Life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I still think it's possible to acquire both Luongo and Stastny with our current players.

Luongo for Bozak, Franson, 2nd

Stastny for Lupul/Kulemin, Kadri, Prospect not named Gards/Rielly

we can get stastny but even we'd take a hit. regardless of what happens...i just hope we make some good and wise moves and nonis is smarter than he was in the past of being quiet and patient. I know patience is necessary but eventually they get played out, it's easy to sit on your ass and do nothing like tambellini but its different when you have pieces and you have to acquire the right ones in time like holland, tallon and so on.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
we can get stastny but even we'd take a hit. regardless of what happens...i just hope we make some good and wise moves and nonis is smarter than he was in the past of being quiet and patient. I know patience is necessary but eventually they get played out, it's easy to sit on your ass and do nothing like tambellini but its different when you have pieces and you have to acquire the right ones in time like holland, tallon and so on.

Paul Holmgrom (sp?) is the ideal GM IMO.

Guy just attacks out of nowhere and gets what he wants. Ballsy as hell.

Cool Beans Man

Apr 18, 2007
Ontario
www.muckmyblog.blogspot.com
My reaction to the Burke firing: (after hearing someone say it, I thought it was a joke)

ScreenShot2013-01-09at110415PM_zps49a93bd3.png

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I know there are a lot of fans of who are rejoicing with Burke's firing and used holzer, reimer and frattin as good examples of JFJ actually "helping" out burke but when the time comes and mark my words they will. I'll do the exact same thing but with more pieces and examples to prove that burke was on the right path. Just need to wait it out.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I think that's more scouts then anything LR.

I know what you mean about that but their first round if you look he has a good pull on it and always tries to go for the player he wants. I remmber him moving for carter and then jump on richards in the same draft as well. I forget another one in recent times..

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
My internet is finally back after being gone for 4 hours. Right when I was about to start my work it stopped working lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad