Lead hand Ladd

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I agree, he seems to be gravitating more to the front of the net this year as well. The whole team is starting to do it. We barely did it last year.

That being said when someone is at the front of the net, low shots are good. We need Enstrom back!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ladd scores garbage goals, but he also has a hell of a wrister. He's scored many goals from around the circles.

Agree with other posters. Ladd just likes to score goals, period, and he doesn't care how he does it. He's got a fantastic wrist shot, has great hand-eye for tips (which is why I can't understand why he whiffs on the puck so much), and will absolutely plant his butt in front of the net to take abuse to cause havoc and score. We'll be lucky if guys like Kosmo turn out like him - need more guys like this, IMHO.

He reminds me of Fat ******* from Austin Powers. "Get in tha net". Just wills them in there.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Even in the games we've lost Ladd has been the one getting a big goal when we need it. I'm sure he'll slow down a bit from his current pace. He's certainly been the most consistent over the last dozen games or so.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Sporting a 23.7% shooting percentage. Maybe he's not allowing the rest of the team to use the shooter tutor? Nice to see Wheeler up at 12.8% as well. He was pretty low last year at 8.2%.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/stats.htm?gameType=2&season=20122013&srt=spct

I've always thought of Ladd as a bit of a guy with stone hands. He seems to wiff on the puck quite a bit, especially when he has an open net.

He shot 10.6% last year and has a career shooting % of 11.5%.

Funny thing is that Ladd has missed the net a ton this year. Going into last night he had missed the net 22 times and only had 34 shots on goal. That means he missed the net on 39.3% of his shot attempts. That is insanely high and was the worst among Jets forwards.

These numbers suggest his shooting percentage will likely drop. The missed shots thing appears to be an anomaly too. Last year ladd only missed the net on 24.5% of his shots which was the best % among the Jets regular forwards.

I broke down individual missed shots stuff here yesterday:
http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013...jets-missed-shots-players-by-player-breakdown

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
his goals in the last few games have been far from the garbage type

Actually all of them were. Slotting in a Ward fumble, wristing it off a Buffalo defenseman's skate and past a bemused Miller, and converting into an open net against Pittsburgh. Perfect garbage goals, and like the poster you were replying to, I have no problem with that.

PS. If you are older than 15 you know that 'garbage goal' is a complement.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ladd scores garbage goals, but he also has a hell of a wrister. He's scored many goals from around the circles.

Ladd has a good wrist shot and lighting quick release, this isn't something you teach you either have it or you don't.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Actually all of them were. Slotting in a Ward fumble, wristing it off a Buffalo defenseman's skate and past a bemused Miller, and converting into an open net against Pittsburgh. Perfect garbage goals, and like the poster you were replying to, I have no problem with that.

PS. If you are older than 15 you know that 'garbage goal' is a complement.

When did I say garbage goals were bad?

I dont care how they get in, they all count

edit: are you also implying that I am 15?

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I've always been kind of neutral on Ladd. Never a big booster, but never a "hater". This year he is turning me into a big "Booster. I can't say enough good things about his play.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Ladd has a good wrist shot and lighting quick release, this isn't something you teach you either have it or you don't.

He does. But his problem is with one timers, receiving passes, or a puck bouncing around in front of the net.

If he doesn't receive the puck cleanly, usually he completely wiffs on it. Sometimes he looks like a rookie junior player the way he handles his stick.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
He does. But his problem is with one timers, receiving passes, or a puck bouncing around in front of the net.

If he doesn't receive the puck cleanly, usually he completely wiffs on it. Sometimes he looks like a rookie junior player the way he handles his stick.

LOL! Yeah passing and receiving passes are not his strong points, but he is not the only Jets with problems in that dept.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Agree with other posters. Ladd just likes to score goals, period, and he doesn't care how he does it. He's got a fantastic wrist shot, has great hand-eye for tips (which is why I can't understand why he whiffs on the puck so much), and will absolutely plant his butt in front of the net to take abuse to cause havoc and score. We'll be lucky if guys like Kosmo turn out like him - need more guys like this, IMHO.

He reminds me of Fat ******* from Austin Powers. "Get in tha net". Just wills them in there.

Odd because Pavs seems..... nah.

But yeah Ladd is very opportunistic and he knows where to be and go to score goals. Doesn't have the most talent on the team, but he is smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad