Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIV: Jamais 2 sans 3 (Expansion bid submitted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I have driven from Montreal to Quebec City. At one point in between the 2 cities did it start to become less Habs territory and more Nordiques? If the answer is never, then at what point did the percentage of Nordiques fans really start to increase?

Back in the day, I would have said Trois-Rivieres on the North Shore and Victoriaville on the South Shore. Everything East of that was pretty much Nordiques territory.

What will it be when (if) the Nords come back? Absolutely no idea. Quebec City and its surroundings (Levis and Portneuf) will surely be Nordiques country, but as far as the rest of the province, I guess we will see.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I think the new reality will be that allegiances between the Nords & Habs will be a lot more fluid than they were.

Many, like me, will root for both and either take a side or be neutral during Habs VS Nords games.

But, no doubt, their return would be good for fans of both. Competition breeds excellence.

HabsAlways

Jun 20, 2013
I think the new reality will be that allegiances between the Nords & Habs will be a lot more fluid than they were.

Many, like me, will root for both and either take a side or be neutral during Habs VS Nords games.

But, no doubt, their return would be good for fans of both. Competition breeds excellence.

^this ....

Habs, Nords, Jets, Oilers in that order for me ... Nords vs Jets? Lets go Nords
Jets vs Oilers? Lets go Jets
etc etc etc

SlyIslands

May 28, 2003
Visit site

That's what I did when I was younger and that's what I will do. I rooted for both but Habs were always number 1

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca

Maybe at first, things will feel this way. Then the Nordiques will win a playoffs series against the Habs, again. This is how the war started in 1982. This is how it will start gagain.

The players change, but war... war never changes.

Curious why Jets would be #3 after the Qc-based teams. :)

WHA Solidarity, baby.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

I think a couple of seven game playoff slugfests will cure that. I could be wrong, but I think once a few years have passed and some bad blood has a chance to fester between both the teams and the fans, there won't be as many fence-hoppers as there might be with other teams.

100% agree.

Maybe at first, things will feel this way. Then the Nordiques will win a playoffs series against the Habs, again. This is how the war started in 1982. This is how it will start gagain.

The players change, but war... war never changes.

“War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.†~ Cormac McCarthy

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
rfournier, are you related or a fan of Ron Fournier?

I used to be both a fan of the Nords & the Habs but that was a long time ago.

Like others said it won't take long for the feud to pick up again, thus dividing once more Quebecers & +.

Btw, if some of you have yet to see it, i started a Nords related thread in the NHL talks board:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1932031

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
rfournier, are you related or a fan of Ron Fournier?

I am not related to him. Although some members of my family DID settle in the Washington DC area after they left Bonaventure, Quebec in the 1910s; Ron Fournier is from Detroit, and I have no family that I know of there.

All I can say is that I know he is a political writer and I've seen him at White House pressers. I don't know enough about his politics to have more of an opinion about him one way or another.

I used to be both a fan of the Nords & the Habs but that was a long time ago.

Like others said it won't take long for the feud to pick up again, thus dividing once more Quebecers & +.

Btw, if some of you have yet to see it, i started a Nords related thread in the NHL talks board:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1932031

I am looking forward to the Nords resurrection as well! :D Thanks for the thread!!!

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I am not related to him. Although some members of my family DID settle in the Washington DC area after they left Bonaventure, Quebec in the 1910s; Ron Fournier is from Detroit, and I have no family that I know of there.

All I can say is that I know he is a political writer and I've seen him at White House pressers. I don't know enough about his politics to have more of an opinion about him one way or another.

I am looking forward to the Nords resurrection as well! :D Thanks for the thread!!!
Hey no problem man, feel free to contribute.

As for Ron Fournier... Lol! I was talking about the ex-NHL ref & now radio show host in Quebec. I didn't even know about the political one! :laugh:

Good to know though, i wonder how many of you there is?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I am on mobile so I can't copy the TVA Sports link, but they are reporting that a BOG vote could.come as early as September and that Ray Lalonde (marketing genius in the Pierre Boivin Habs administration) could be the Nordiques 2.0 president.

That's great news.

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
I am on mobile so I can't copy the TVA Sports link, but they are reporting that a BOG vote could.come as early as September and that Ray Lalonde (marketing genius in the Pierre Boivin Habs administration) could be the Nordiques 2.0 president.

That's great news.

ITs all from the Ken Campbell daily article

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Yes, maybe a tad too soon. Heads will roll before 2017-18 but i would suppose they would hire a GM before that.

So... Maybe not to soon after all if they hire him in 2016. ;)

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca

Wrong Ron Fournier.

He's talking about this one.

I officially dislike Greg Wyshinsky. He sure despise Québec City http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/mare...-July-22nd-Edition-of-Marek-vs.-Wyshynski.mp3

I hate that guy with a passion. The guy is as racist as they come.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
I hate that guy with a passion. The guy is as racist as they come.

Meh, there's plenty of Québécois saying equally bad and insane things about people of Alberta/the ROC/Americans.

I don't think ignorant misguided people are worth your hatred (or anybody's time).

Anyways, the best revenge will be getting a team.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Great news on the possible september vote, Positive or negative i want to be done with this as soon as possible.

Just imagine if the vote takes place before the habs /pens game and we get denied :popcorn:

As for Ray Lalonde just an awful choice, has been bashing the arena /new team for years and hes still doing on RDS.ca today

Last edited:

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
That's exactly it, thank you very much, mate!

I am very excited about Lalonde possibly being on board. Hopefully he can build the Nordiques brand the way he revitalized the Habs brand in the early 2000s.

I wonder who could be GM and head coach? Perhaps, it is too.soon to discuss :laugh:

Too soon but if I were a betting man I'd bet 500 vcash on Julien Brisebois.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Great news on the possible september vote, Positive or negative i want to be done with this as soon as possible.

Just imagine if the vote takes place before the habs /pens game and we get denied :popcorn:

As for Ray Lalonde just an awful choice, has been bashing the arena /new team for years and hes still doing on RDS.ca today

RDS = Bell. Take it with a grain of salt.

And Brisebois is a pretty good bet. Analytics guy, experience as AGM... French dude.

As HC, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being Guy Boucher, especially if Brisebois is the GM (he brought Boucher to Hamilton).

Last edited:

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I'd be fine with a Brisebois/Boucher Gm/coach tandem. Boucher is big on trap & D which would help not sucking so much at first. Would get rid of him after a few seasons though.

Brisbois long term would be nice but i guess Lalonde would be ok.

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
RDS = Bell. Take it with a grain of salt.

And Brisebois is a pretty good bet. Analytics guy, experience as AGM... French dude.

As HC, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being Guy Boucher, especially if Brisebois is the GM (he brought Boucher to Hamilton).

Reminds me of Renaud Lavoie. Back when he was at RDS the swore left and right that the Nords were never going to happen. Now he works at TVA Sports and he's a Nords cheerleader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad