Le Retour des Nordiques Partie XIII: L'espoir renait

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
so you think 17,000 watching the Hamilton whatever's will not be an extra basket from the league to draw on? I believe the Leafs will still sellout their home games. I also believe Rogers would broadcast the Hamilton games. I can'T see how Hamilton would be a negative.

You may be surprised at the huge number of hockey fans from Hamilton and the Niagara Peninsula go to Sabres games / are season ticket holders for the Sabres. It's huge. A team in Hamilton would cut into that substantially.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
You may be surprised at the huge number of hockey fans from Hamilton and the Niagara Peninsula go to Sabres games / are season ticket holders for the Sabres. It's huge. A team in Hamilton would cut into that substantially.

So the region with the biggest population per square km in the whole Canada cannot support 3 hockey teams ? Eh

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City
Congrats Guys,

You made me change my mind, I will be there on the 28th with my son and his friends. I will be in Nordiques gear and will boo the habs at every occasions. It's my home and I will let them know they are not welcome ;)

Maybe I will be lost in a sea of Red Shirts, but I will proundly represent my team!

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Congrats Guys,

You made me change my mind, I will be there on the 28th with my son and his friends. I will be in Nordiques gear and will boo the habs at every occasions. It's my home and I will let them know they are not welcome ;)

Maybe I will be lost in a sea of Red Shirts, but I will proundly represent my team!

That's the spirit ! Maybe we can get booed by Habs in Montreal, but we cannot allow them to be louder than us in our home.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Tickets go on sale Saturday. Any clue on the prices?

If they're reasonable enough I'd actually go, with a Nordiques cap (jersey is too much for me).

By reasonable for me, I'd say under $40.

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City

If they're reasonable enough I'd actually go, with a Nordiques cap (jersey is too much for me).

between 28 and 183.75.

Zone Club Platine - Niveau 100
CA $183.75

Platine - Niveau 100
CA $168.00 - CA $183.75

Zone Club - Niveau 100
CA $147.25

Niveau 100
CA $126.50 - CA $147.25

Niveau 200
CA $74.50 - CA $96.00

Niveau 300
CA $28.00 - CA $74.50
CA $28.00 (CA $20.00 Ticket + CA $8.00 Fees) CA $74.50 (CA $60.00 Ticket + CA $14.50 Fees)

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

If I take old Colisée Pepsi prices, I would say probably not going to happen.

But seeing that they did 8 different price settings for Remparts for the new building, one could expect to have various price settings and some going as low or even lower than 40$.

halligan10

Mar 6, 2012
Palm Harbor
Well, that is what will happen. We, Nordiques hardcore fans, won't go because we feel insulted (and the stuff you are reading here is pretty level-headed compared to what you will see on FB). Casual fans might go, but they won't boo the Habs. Habs fans in the region (and since we are a hockey hot-bed, even if they are a minority, there are still enough to fill the place) will buy tickets as soon as they are available because it is their only chance to see their team without having to spent on gas and on too much food (and they will bring their kids). There are a lot of Pens fans in the city, but not enough to be louder than a bunch of kids wearing Habs gear.

So, yeah, the only people that really want to go there are Habs fans. Nordiques fans are pissed. It will be full and it will be full of people wearing "Le St-Torchon".

All the Nords fan in Quebec should go to the game with Nords jerseys, flag etc and make it look like a mad house......what about the Nordique Nation having a local trip to the Videotron Center? 60k were present at the blue walk. I think 15k could show up in the new arena.

Material Defender

Mar 22, 2011
Congrats Guys,

Same here! :highclap::pens:towel:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Nordiques fans boycott or not, when Florida/Arizona/Carolina goes belly up, they'll need a landing spot.

It won't matter how many people were at a meaningless pre-season game involving Canadiens B-club.

Arizona isn't going to go over to the eastern conference if it has to move.

King_Stannis

Jun 14, 2007
Erie PA, USA
Nordiques fans boycott or not, when Florida/Arizona/Carolina goes belly up, they'll need a landing spot.

It won't matter how many people were at a meaningless pre-season game involving Canadiens B-club.

If the Coyotes had to move there were reports that not only was the NHL considering Seattle but they were also looking at Portland.

Which is why I keep saying what some of you might think is a slam dunk might not be one.

GF

Nov 4, 2012
If the Coyotes had to move there were reports that not only was the NHL considering Seattle but they were also looking at Portland.

Which is why I keep saying what some of you might think is a slam dunk might not be one.

Neither me nor you has any idea what the NHL is gonna do. But what we know is that right now, there are only two places where there is a NHL ready arena and an interested buyer (LV and QC). Everywhere else is pure speculation at this point: Seattle, Portland, KC, Hartford, Toronto 2 don't have what it takes to take a new franchise right away.

Should Arizona needed to move quickly AND LV is already set for expansion, where would they land if not for QC?

I personnally think LV is the landing spot for Arizona, but with these rumours that LV is getting an expansion team, there is really nowhere but QC for the 3 troubled franchises. Not that this scenario couldn't change quickly if Seattle decided to move on with a new building.

But my point was, it wouldn't matter how many people were at the CH-Pens game. If they need to move a team, QC is a sure bet (quite possibly the only sure bet).

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Habs game in Quebec ? Really :facepalm:

I know how I felt about the Yotes preseason game before we got the team back. No effing way would I go. I found it very, very insulting.

Mind you 15K booing the habs in Nords gear would be sweet to watch !

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
«Je ne peux pas vous dire qu’il y aura expansion, mais je peux vous dire que nos franchises actuelles seront là où elles sont», a-t-il ajouté, tel que publié par l’Associated Press Sports Editors, sur le réseau social Twitter.

My french is awful, but here's my shot: I can't tell you that we will have expansion, but I can tell you that our current franchises will be where they are.

Which doesn't seem much of a hint, so I'm missing something.

«Avant que Seattle soit considérée sérieusement comme un marché de hockey, la ville devra avoir un plan viable pour construire un amphithéâtre», a-t-il noté, selon un journaliste du «Sporting News» prenant part à la table ronde.

With seattle being seriously considered, the town must have a plan for the construction of an arena.

Last edited:

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
He is basically putting pressure on Seattle by saying that LV and QC are on the right track (said that if 16-14 was viable, 17-15 could also be). Said expansion wasn't imminent but could happen. Said that no franchises would move.

Nothing earth shattering.

He said the same thing on prime-time sports a few weeks ago. 15-17 wasn't the preference but doable.

If QC is plan B for team #32. How long do they give Seattle before pulling the trigger?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He said the same thing on prime-time sports a few weeks ago. 15-17 wasn't the preference but doable.

If QC is plan B for team #32. How long do they give Seattle before pulling the trigger?

Probably a long time. Rumours from a month or two ago were saying that LV could be a one off. They will wait for Seattle, too good of a potential market not to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad