Not open for further replies.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
ae27b8dc-8824-439c-9b38-f5388cb1334a_600x400.jpg

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
It'll be interesting to see how we go about pissing this one away. But, I'll probably do my taxes instead.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
My God that's the Geno I know!!! What a monster
The people that shit on Geno now, I don't know if they didn't appreciate just how f***ing good he was in his prime or if they expect him to still be that good at 37.

Juice's time here was weird. I thought he was great with Malkin, but it seemed nobody cared they didn't re-sign him. I don't remember all the details around it and he did kind of fall off hard a few years later, so maybe it was for the best. As I'm thinking about it more, maybe this team could have benefitted from having a little bit more of the "Thanks for the year or 2. We wish you luck on your next team" type of attitude. *glares at Jeff Carter.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The people that shit on Geno now, I don't know if they didn't appreciate just how f***ing good he was in his prime or if they expect him to still be that good at 37.

Juice's time here was weird. I thought he was great with Malkin, but it seemed nobody cared they didn't re-sign him. I don't remember all the details around it and he did kind of fall off hard a few years later, so maybe it was for the best. As I'm thinking about it more, maybe this team could have benefitted from having a little bit more of the "Thanks for the year or 2. We wish you luck on your next team" type of attitude. *glares at Jeff Carter.

These people have been waiting like ten+ years to get their digs in.

It only took til he was pushin' 40 for them to be even half right. VERY impressive prognostication skills.

EDIT: To the bolded... that's how this team used to be run under Ray Shero. Then he lost his mind for Rob Scuderi of all people and all bets have been off since then. But the league has also changed and good players expect huge deals with tons of trade protection so some of it just a product of the times.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
These people have been waiting like ten+ years to get their digs in.

It only took til he was pushin' 40 for them to be even half right. VERY impressive prognostication skills.

EDIT: To the bolded... that's how this team used to be run under Ray Shero. Then he lost his mind for Rob Scuderi of all people and all bets have been off since then. But the league has also changed and good players expect huge deals with tons of trade protection so some of it just a product of the times.
Well now you got me going the other way because I certainly don't think Ray Shero set the blueprint to follow :laugh:

As usual, it's probably somewhere in between. You don't want to give away long term contracts to declining secondary players, but you don't want to be so rigid that you end up with bottom 6 grinders next to your generational C's for the better part of a decade.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well now you got me going the other way because I certainly don't think Ray Shero set the blueprint to follow :laugh:

As usual, it's probably somewhere in between. You don't want to give away long term contracts to declining secondary players, but you don't want to be so rigid that you end up with bottom 6 grinders next to your generational C's for the better part of a decade.

Oh no for sure. Not saying it was the way to go. Ray Shero was a perennial hand-sitter and it cost him. Again... until he broke his rules and half the damned bank for... Rob Scuderi.

• Haha
Reactions: pistolpete11

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This 1000% feels like that game the Pens win easily just because it'd give Sullivan that much more leash and give Dubas that much more hesitation to blow things up and sell at the deadline.

This team ends up on the worst possible outcome in any given situation for about five years now, and continuing to float around barely within playoff reach is the worst possible outcome.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This 1000% feels like that game the Pens win easily just because it'd give Sullivan that much more leash and give Dubas that much more hesitation to blow things up and sell at the deadline.

This team ends up on the worst possible outcome in any given situation for about five years now, and continuing to float around barely within playoff reach is the worst possible outcome.
Sad, but true. The only thing that would give me more confidence in them winning is if it was against a good team :laugh:

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hoping pulu in for Phillips. Just please god no Phillips.

lol... we all know that little experiment isn't over, yet.

Start small... hope that he doesn't make it back on the top powerplay.

Big upgrade from Malkin, that. Glad they got it solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad