LD Zachary Werenski (2015, 8th, CBJ)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Birthday: 1997-07-19
Hometown: Clinton Township, MI, USA
Position: Defense
Height: 6'2" Weight: 200lbs

Currently committed to play with the USNTDP Juniors. Was selected in the Ontario Priority Selection, Round 2 #24 Overall, by the London Knights.

Scouting Report: Zack would be considered a versatile defensmen. He can be used in every situation and he excels in every aspect of the game. He has great puck skillswhich allows him to move the puck very efficiently in all three zones of the ice. He also has the ability to beat forecheckers with one-on-one moves. Zack also has a very hard and accurate shot from the point. (2013 OHL Priority Selection Preview and Media Guide)

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
topics like these, reminds me of the fact I'm getting old.

'97 born....God forbid.....I can remember that year like it has been two years ago.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
topics like these, reminds me of the fact I'm getting old.

'97 born....God forbid.....I can remember that year like it has been two years ago.

I'm only 21 and I'm thinking the same thing. I can remember the entire roster from my hockey team from when I was 7 lol

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Saw him at this weekend's SilverSticks and came away impressed. He was one of the top players on Detroit and looks to have a real high upside.

Him and Connor McDavid really turned some heads in Whitby.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
1997 born Defenseman playing for Belle Tire (mm)
Anyone have a good scouting report on this kid? I hear he's going to be a big deal at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft :nod:

One of the best defensemen at the recent Silver Stick playing up a year against '96's. Good size, good skater, offensive and defensive instincts. Was talking to one of the parents, and they said the USNDP is thinking about offering him a spot next year as an underager. One of the best players on the number 1 ranked Minor Midget team in the U.S.

Definitely one to keep an eye on. As is Breden Perlini and Dylan Larkin from the same team.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
One of the best defensemen at the recent Silver Stick playing up a year against '96's. Good size, good skater, offensive and defensive instincts. Was talking to one of the parents, and they said the USNDP is thinking about offering him a spot next year as an underager. One of the best players on the number 1 ranked Minor Midget team in the U.S.

Definitely one to keep an eye on. As is Breden Perlini and Dylan Larkin from the same team.

Sounds excellent. I put him on my watch list a couple months ago but never got a real look at him or good report on him. Thanks

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Any updates on this kid? I know it's very early but I wonder what the odds of him heading to the CHL over NCAA are.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
still a ways away, but from what I have seen he is the best 97 in America.period.

plenty of time to talk about him over the next 2 years, but I would love to see him in the USHL this upcoming year

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
If Zachary Werenski was eligible for the 2012 OHL Draft?

I've been hearing a lot lately about Zachary Werenski, who's a 1997 born defensemen from the USA. He's eligible for the 2013 OHL Priority Draft and 2015 NHL draft. I've heard a few rumblings that he was good enough to possible get "Exceptional Player Status" this year in the OHL draft. Obviously Hockey Canada wouldn't likely grant that to 2 players in the same draft year, especially an american kid, but lets just say he was eligible for the OHL draft this year. Were do you guys see him being selected? How does he compare or match-up against Roland McKeown who was hands down the best defensemen in the OHL draft this year. How is this kid looking right now as far as potential. What do you guys think?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Seems like one of the most talented D in the OHL draft but he's committed to USNTDP

Any word as to who he may report to?

Canuck71*

London snags another American gem with questions on whether he will report or not. But as Adam ^^ said, if he's gunna report to any OHL team, London is probably #1 or #2 on his list.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He still hasn't committed to an NCAA program and no USHL teams grabbed his rights.

Seems like an obvious candidate to go to the OHL next season.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sean Lafortune ‏@SeanLafortune 2m
If Werenski doesn't get onto the University of Michigan's roster for next year, London probably is his destination point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad