LD Wyatt Kalynuk - Univ. of Wisconsin, NCAA (signed w Chicago)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I went to a Wisconsin game last year to see Turcotte, Caufield and Miller and this guy caught my eye the most. Good size, good skating. Was pissed to see he was drafted by Philly but glad to see he signed elsewhere. Could be a good top 6 D.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Really solid offense and pretty respectable defense for a rookie. He's been great for us in most of the games he's played.

If he was 22 instead of 24, you'd probably see some Hawks fans hyping him up as a future top pairing guy. But even still, can definitely see top 4 upside here (hell, he's top 4 for the Hawks right now, though our defense is below league average).

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Klingberg came over, put up 12 points in 10 AHL games (similar to kalynuk), and immediately stepped into Dallas for 40 points in 65 games. Would be nice if kalynuk finished this season strong and could do something similar next year. I know it's unlikely, but a brotha can dream.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Klingberg came over, put up 12 points in 10 AHL games (similar to kalynuk), and immediately stepped into Dallas for 40 points in 65 games. Would be nice if kalynuk finished this season strong and could do something similar next year. I know it's unlikely, but a brotha can dream.

Does Kalynuk have the potential to be a PP quarterback?? I haven't caught any Hawks games to watch him but looking at his stats it looks like he has caught fire quickly. Love to see hiden gem stories like him!

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Does Kalynuk have the potential to be a PP quarterback?? I haven't caught any Hawks games to watch him but looking at his stats it looks like he has caught fire quickly. Love to see hiden gem stories like him!

Kalynuk has 7 points in 14 games. The hawks have used him on the pp the past 8 games, over which time he has 6 of his 7 points...none of them on the pp.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

He was PP QB on a talented Wisconsin team so guess the potential is there, Boqvist being out for the rest of the season should give Kalynuk an opportunity to see PP minutes

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad