LD Vladislav Kolyachonok (2019, 52nd, FLA; traded to ARI)

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's with a good organization in the London Knights. Don't know if he gets picked in the 1st round or not but if he has a good season I can see him going in the 2nd or 3rd round.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
What are the Knights going to do about their foreign player situation if Boqvist doesn’t make the Hawks and they want him in the OHL instead of the AHL?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He will likely not play for London. There was an article in a London newspaper saying that he was an insurance policy in the rare scenario that Boqvist sticks with Chicago. I dont think a 1st year import can be traded, so he will be released and another team picks him up. Their intent is to keep Guskov and Boqvist.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I really can’t speak prolifically about him, because I can’t say I’ve watched an abundance of Belarusian Hockey, and I’ve seen maybe 2-3 WJC games, but I really don’t see a first round pick there.
I don’t think he’ll be playing with London, and if he does, his ice time will be extremely limited.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I really can’t speak prolifically about him, because I can’t say I’ve watched an abundance of Belarusian Hockey, and I’ve seen maybe 2-3 WJC games, but I really don’t see a first round pick there.
I don’t think he’ll be playing with London, and if he does, his ice time will be extremely limited.

If he does make the Knights (in the event Boqvist makes the Hawks), I think he would be a top-4 defenseman for the Knights. His instincts, skating, and passing all looked top-notch.

It really makes me conflicted with regards to the Knights 3 imports. I really can't decide which two of Guskov, Boqvist, and Kolyachonok I would prefer to keep. Part of me is kind of rooting for Boqvist to make the Hawks to simplify the Knights' decision.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
If he does make the Knights (in the event Boqvist makes the Hawks), I think he would be a top-4 defenseman for the Knights. His instincts, skating, and passing all looked top-notch.

It really makes me conflicted with regards to the Knights 3 imports. I really can't decide which two of Guskov, Boqvist, and Kolyachonok I would prefer to keep. Part of me is kind of rooting for Boqvist to make the Hawks to simplify the Knights' decision.
I don’t think Boqvist will make the Hawks. For me, Guskov is the superior prospect and player at the moment.

Kolya’s instincts may like great in the Belarusian league, not sure how he’ll be in the OHL.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I definitely think Kolyachonok can make a strong case for a top-62 pick by draft time. A very smooth and smart player, excellent instincts with and without the puck.

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
I don’t think Boqvist will make the Hawks. For me, Guskov is the superior prospect and player at the moment.

Kolya’s instincts may like great in the Belarusian league, not sure how he’ll be in the OHL.
Kolyachonok has been better than Gushkov in camp and exhibition. It’s nice to hear your optionion but any knights fan who has seen them play last week would agree. Both good players

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
It's actually a pretty good year for Belarussians. Alistrov, Kolyachonok, and Misyul all seem to be legitimate prospects, probably others I'm forgetting

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Glad he will get a fair shot at showing what he is capeable of.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Anybody knows why he hasn't played a game for Flint yet?

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
No actually he didn't. The Elite prospects information is wrong. He can't play with Flint anywhere until his visa situation is resolved.

Ah, my bad, I was only reading his EP profile..

I've been playing around a bit with video recording/editing lately, and made a 2nd Kolyachonok video with sound that should be more watchable than the Canada game. The game is vs the USA at the 2018 u18s. Kolyachonok doesn't have a particularly good game but Belarus is overmatched vs USA (also no PP time in either game). He's #5 in white, mostly RD (LD on PK).

su24

Sep 30, 2017
How is he doing? I see he scored 7 points in 7 games on the crappy team where only one forward has been scoring a point-per-game. His numbers look promising for a 17 years old kid with size.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad