LD Vince Dunn - Niagara IceDogs, OHL (2015, 56th, STL)

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't see much talk of him here, but he's one of the most underrated prospects in the draft, IMO. He's been steady every single time I've seen him and could see him being a steal in the 2nd round considering the depth of this draft.

Thoughts on him?

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Agreed. I think he'll be a riser like 2014's Travis Sanheim. Elite skater and one of the most dynamic offensive defensemen in the draft.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Just scored his 4th goal of the night in the playoffs.

Reminds me of Tyson Barrie tonight. Very good wrist shot. 4 goals for a dman in the playoffs, impressive anyway.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Looks like an offensive Dynamo. He's not small height wise. Just needs to put on some more muscle.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Good hockey player, but dumb as a rock in person

"I would say Id like to be like Drew Doughy, more like a Martinez right now"

Rufio65*

Did anyone watch the game yesterday? 4 goal performance. Pretty impressive. Maybe he will sneak into the 1st round.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think he'll sneak into the first round. I've been impressed with him everytime I've seen him.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think he'll sneak into the first round. I've been impressed with him everytime I've seen him.

That was my exact line of thinking last night as well. Impressed me every time and I really wouldn't be surprised if he snuck into the 1st round.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Very good vision and very skilled with the puck. Really good at darting into offensive zone and making plays. He does tend to take a lot of risks and he's a bit on the smallish side. I think if he dials it back slightly, becomes a bit more measured in his approach and adds a couple of pounds he has a decent chance at being a player.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Very good vision and very skilled with the puck. Really good at darting into offensive zone and making plays. He does tend to take a lot of risks and he's a bit on the smallish side. I think if he dials it back slightly, becomes a bit more measured in his approach and adds a couple of pounds he has a decent chance at being a player.

I think you generally hit the nail on the head.

He makes his share of mistakes, but they all stem from being too aggressive and trying to force plays offensively.

His skill with the puck is very high and he projects as a very high point producer at the next level. Defensively, he just needs to add some strength and learn to let the game come to him a bit more.

A late first/early 2nd pick for sure IMO.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Duncan Keith is an interesting comparison.

I prefer Dunn over Roy, Kylington and Carlo, personally. He's a very dynamic offensive player with high, high upside.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Duncan Keith is an interesting comparison.

I prefer Dunn over Roy, Kylington and Carlo, personally. He's a very dynamic offensive player with high, high upside.

I think I agree. If someone gets him in the second, they're getting a great prospect. Even late first I think isn't much of a reach.

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
Not a prospect follower but go to a dozen or so ice dog games a year and it amazes me that Dunn is not a sure thing mid to late first rounder and is my go to example of how deep this draft must truly be.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
How many Vince Dunns do you guys need?? ;)

Him and Juulsen are two guys that may be on the outside looking in at the first round but could be guys that make you wonder why they were taken so late.

Are they related? I am just wondering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad