LD Tom Hedberg - Leksands IF, Allsvenskan (2017 Draft)

Mulle87

Jan 13, 2014
Great D

Played almost 17 mins per game in the deciding games to the Swedish Elite League. Not very flashy but great in both ends.

Smooth skater...

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Heading over to Canada to play for the Barrie Colts this season.
Really wished he'd stay in Leksand.

In his case I do not get it. He is not a big point producer so he will probably not shine with a lot of points even in OHL, so playing solid as regular in shl would probably improve his stock in the draft then doing the same in ohl.

Comparable: Jonas Brodin? Good skating defensive defenseman with ok but limited offense

Actually I think Brodin has always have a lot offensive talent, just havnt show it in NHL that much (in points at least, but you can see how comfortable he is with the puck)

Last edited:

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Comparable: Jonas Brodin? Good skating defensive defenseman with ok but limited offense

In an interview he mentioned that he sees himself as an offensive defensemen. He led a pretty crappy Colts team in points in his first season in NA. Anyone know what kind of minutes he was playing?

Last edited:

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
In an interview he mentioned that he sees himself as an offensive defensemen. He led a pretty crappy Colts team in points in his first season in NA. Anyone know what kind of minutes he was playing?

I only caught one game earlier in the season against Sudbury, but he seemed to be playing 2nd pairing minutes with some time sprinkled in on the 2nd PP at that time. He looked good though, he's got good high end speed and puck control. He was one of the few Barrie players that actually looked good in the game I saw.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Hedberg is back in the SHL (Brynas) after two seasons in Allsvenskan. It doesn't look like he's getting as much ice time as with MODO but any word on his progress?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad