LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
He has a flashier offensive game, but way ahead at the same age? Dahlin just completed his draft-1 season, played half the year in the SHL, where he put up 3 points in 26 regular season games. In Adam Larsson's draft-1 year, he played a full year in the SHL, was better defensively, and put up much better numbers (17 points in 49 regular season games). Hedman also played a full SHL season in his draft-1 year, although his numbers were more modest, like Dahlin's (4 points in 39 games).

As for besting Hedman's draft year this upcoming season, that won't be easy. Hedman had a beastly draft year, putting up 21 points in 43 games, and was +21. Dahlin has some pretty exceptional skills, I'm certainly very high on him, I think his potential is sky high. However, calling him way ahead of Hedman/Larsson at the same age, or thinking that it'll be easy for him to best Hedman's draft season, I don't see it. It'll be very hard for him to match Hedman's 0.5 PPG next year, and in terms of defensive play, he's not on par with draft-year Hedman.

You really have to stop listing stats and actually try to search the web for information and what people here in Sweden say about Dahlin, people that actually have seen and coached the guys youre listing

aigledefeu

Oct 30, 2011
quebec
He has a flashier offensive game, but way ahead at the same age? Dahlin just completed his draft-1 season, played half the year in the SHL, where he put up 3 points in 26 regular season games. In Adam Larsson's draft-1 year, he played a full year in the SHL, was better defensively, and put up much better numbers (17 points in 49 regular season games). Hedman also played a full SHL season in his draft-1 year, although his numbers were more modest, like Dahlin's (4 points in 39 games).

As for besting Hedman's draft year this upcoming season, that won't be easy. Hedman had a beastly draft year, putting up 21 points in 43 games, and was +21. Dahlin has some pretty exceptional skills, I'm certainly very high on him, I think his potential is sky high. However, calling him way ahead of Hedman/Larsson at the same age, or thinking that it'll be easy for him to best Hedman's draft season, I don't see it. It'll be very hard for him to match Hedman's 0.5 PPG next year, and in terms of defensive play, he's not on par with draft-year Hedman.

we can also compare SHL playoff stats aswell...
Larsson 11GP 1Pts
Dahlin 15GP 5Pts
Hedman 5Gp 1Pts

So, regular season+ playoff,
Dahlin 40Gp (4+4) 8Pts
Larsson 60Gp (4+14) 18 Pts
Hedman 44GP (3+2) 5 Pts

Larsson got more assists but I can't say he really put up "much" better numbers

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I don't disagree that Dahlin is an outstanding prospect, with massive upside. However, I was responding to a post that said:

unless something crazy happens Dahlin should have the best draft year for a Swedish defenseman of all time

Acting like it's a shoe in that Dahlin will have a better draft year than Hedman. I think it's POSSIBLE he has the better draft year, but it will be very, very difficult. Hedman had a beastly draft year, that got him firmly in the 1st overall discussion with Tavares, a clear 1C who was seen as having generational talent. Dahlin is a terrific prospect, but him having a better draft year than Hedman is extremely far from a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad