LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Saw both play in their 15 year old season and I'd say they were roughly on the same level. Liljegren did however take huge steps this year in his 16 year old season. It's hard to compare them since they don't play the same style. Liljegren pushes the pace while Dahlin slows the game down.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
On the Hlinka roster as an underager. Will be interesting to see how he stands compared to Liljegren and Brännström, I think he could be just as good as them if given the chance.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Been very impressed of what I've seen from Dahlin so far. Excels in all facets of play. Very encouraging to see how confident he is in the offensive aspect of the game. Reminds me a lot of Jakob Chychrun in his rookie year in the OHL. Similar style of defenseman, can rush the puck end-to-end, good shot, excellent four-way skating ability, good defensively. All the tools to be a top end defenseman. IMO a top10 guy for 2018.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Two beautiful goals for Dahlin so far today. 2+2 in 3 games in J20. 3+1 in 1 game in J18. Fantastic start to the season.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This guy should have an outside shot at making the swedish WJC team. His age probably disqualifies him though. I would not be surprised to see him called up and playing well in the SHL before Christmas.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Here's the two goals from today, courtesy of KillEmAll83:

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
At practice with the men's team today, for what it's worth. Apparently Rönnberg said that it would be tough to not give him any games in the SHL this season.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
At practice with the men's team today, for what it's worth. Apparently Rönnberg said that it would be tough to not give him any games in the SHL this season.

Seems like Rönnberg thinks that Filip Westerlund (born 99) is better.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Starting to think that Dahlin would've been a top5 pick if he was eligible for this coming draft and is perhaps better than all d-men in this draft class except for maybe Liljegren. If he continues on this development trajectory I have to think he'll make the NHL as an 18 year old. Should spend the entirety of next season in SHL and hopefully get a number of games in already this year. He's really good.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Playing incredible. 2+2 this weekend playing on the first PK and PP unit as a 16 year old.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Will make his SHL debut tomorrow against Skellefteå.

Indeed. I wonder if he played forward as a kid? His offensive skill and instincts are off the charts for a defenseman, especially at his size.
Coming from Lidköping he likely played some bandy growing up.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Would love to see a 16 year old on the Swedish WJC team. Would be surprised if it happened, but not shocked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad