LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, Big Ten (2018, 7th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Dude, I don't care. I hope he works out for you. Just stating the obvious.

They are playing him like those Russian stars played Putin in that game once lol.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Stop pretending like you didnt care, you wouldn't have replied if you really didnt care.

Why are you salty? You're in a Hughes thread, if this was posted in another prospects thread, then that's reasonable response. But you're in a Hughes prospect thread, the amount of salt is real.

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lol whining about hughes post IN a hughes thread? Lmao

Kid looked dynamic, but was clearly sick, his face was completely red after just the 1st period

member 105785

Their top 3 D prospects after Hughes is Juolevi , Brisebois and Chatfield lol. They havent taken a dman in the first beside Juolevi since Bourdon in 2005. They dont know what to do with this pick.

I feel like Jett Woo should be in there somewhere

member 116861

Excited to see him play in the big leagues. He will be better and more exciting than Cale Makar.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
One thing I see often after a draft that I dislike is when fans all of a sudden start pumping up the prospect their team drafted to be much better than they actually are. If thats your stance before your team drafted the player, fair play. But stay consistent.

I think the winner for worst over-hyping after this draft is the Vancouver fan base. Some of these comments sound absolutely insane.

A lot of the Canuck fan HF posters have severe inferiority complexes. My ignore list has become quite robust as a result.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A lot of the Canuck fan HF posters have severe inferiority complexes. My ignore list has become quite robust as a result.

Your fan-base is like a tolerable Toronto with outbursts that become Toronto. :laugh:

To be fair about Hughes, its not just Vancouver fans. There were people legitimately comparing him to Dahlin before the draft, and it wasn't just one person. I don't see Edmonton or Chicago or NYI talking about their defensemen they drafted as if they are future hall of famers before their careers even begin. At least with the Pettersson discussion, the guy put up maybe the best prospect season ever in the SHL.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Your fan-base is like a tolerable Toronto with outbursts that become Toronto. :laugh:

To be fair about Hughes, its not just Vancouver fans. There were people legitimately comparing him to Dahlin before the draft, and it wasn't just one person. I don't see Edmonton or Chicago or NYI talking about their defensemen they drafted as if they are future hall of famers before their careers even begin. At least with the Pettersson discussion, the guy put up maybe the best prospect season ever in the SHL.
Thanks for reminding me to bump the Rasmus Sandin thread and remind everyone he's the best Rasmus in the draft.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
LOL: Quinn Hughes dekes out randoms in a no-contact game of shinny. Details at 6.

What a dreg of a post. Doesn't contribute, isn't insightful, offers nothing. Congratulations. I hope you're a better conversationalist in person.

One thing I see often after a draft that I dislike is when fans all of a sudden start pumping up the prospect their team drafted to be much better than they actually are. If thats your stance before your team drafted the player, fair play. But stay consistent.

I think the winner for worst over-hyping after this draft is the Vancouver fan base. Some of these comments sound absolutely insane.

Fair enough, but people get excited and that's why we watch sports.

For the record, I watched a lot of highlights and shift-by-shift vids of Hughes before the draft and was utterly convinced there was no way we would get him. I am over the moon. I certainly don't think he's Dahlin, but I think he is going to be a stud. I think he will ultimately be the best Canuck Defence man of all time (which unfortunately says almost nothing since right now it's basically between Lumme, Edler, Reinhart, and Bieksa).

Anyhow, I think that Hughes is going to be a star and I have thought so since before we chose him. For the record, I didn't want Virtanen or Juolevi, though I will cheer for them now, of course. But I wanted Pettersson (or I wouldn't have minded Glass at the time), and Hughes (though I wouldn't have minded Dobson if Hughes was gone).

Icing456

Jun 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Neutral fan here.

I think that Quinn Hughes has star-potential in this league. Everyone wants to point out how there are so few impact defensemen in the league today that are smaller in stature (sub 6'), but when was the last time we saw a prospect like this absolutely command the game from the back end with his puck possession. The skating & vision are off the charts good. Stylistically (stylistically!), his game looks a lot like Bobby Orr's (as somebody else mentioned) in the sense that he just seems to skate circles effortlessly around opponents. But what really would make me bet money on this guy becoming a star is that you can really tell from his interviews (& Jack as well) that these guys are confident & want to be the best - they just have that innate drive to separate themselves from everyone else. Think of this similarly to how a guy like Scheifele is a complete hockey nerd & takes the game VERY seriously. I think this is a good trait to have. I'm very interested to see how things play out with his career.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Neutral fan here.

I think that Quinn Hughes has star-potential in this league. Everyone wants to point out how there are so few impact defensemen in the league today that are smaller in stature (sub 6'), but when was the last time we saw a prospect like this absolutely command the game from the back end with his puck possession. The skating & vision are off the charts good. Stylistically (stylistically!), his game looks a lot like Bobby Orr's (as somebody else mentioned) in the sense that he just seems to skate circles effortlessly around opponents. But what really would make me bet money on this guy becoming a star is that you can really tell from his interviews (& Jack as well) that these guys are confident & want to be the best - they just have that innate drive to separate themselves from everyone else. Think of this similarly to how a guy like Scheifele is a complete hockey nerd & takes the game VERY seriously. I think this is a good trait to have. I'm very interested to see how things play out with his career.
I think he reminds me more of Phil Housley but I like your assessment regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad