LD Oleg Yevenko - UMass Amherst, NCAA (2009 undrafted) -a tall man, 6'7"!

turbodaze

Mar 18, 2011
Oleg Yevenko that plays for Fargo Force in the USHL, he is 6 foot 7 inches! He is 2nd in Penalty Minutes though in the league. He fights alot and has made plenty of cheap shots.

Would you want him on your team just for his height?

Who are some of the tallest players to play in the NHL?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Draft him in a late round if he's a mindless goon.

If he's just big but can't even goon it up I wouldn't waste a draft pick.

E: If this was his first draft year...

Last edited:

IkeaMonkey*

Being a Force Season Ticket Holder...

Dude is @#%^%^^**^&ing terrible. As I say to my girlfriend at every game...

It hasn't been a "real" Force game until the ushers let 100 people walk by you during play and Oleg has taken a stupid penalty.

Terrible skater, awful hands, zero discipline(derp derp whistle, that guy came within 3 feet of my goalie, gotta cross check him in the teeth! derp derp), plays like he's 5'7". Good god he's awful. I'm just glad he's going to UMass next year...I'm a UNH fan, need the power plays.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Sounds like a project that a team like Philly would love. Maybe they'll take him with a 7th, but even that's doubtful because he's already been passed over twice.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Dude is @#%^%^^**^&ing terrible. As I say to my girlfriend at every game...

It hasn't been a "real" Force game until the ushers let 100 people walk by you during play and Oleg has taken a stupid penalty.

Terrible skater, awful hands, zero discipline(derp derp whistle, that guy came within 3 feet of my goalie, gotta cross check him in the teeth! derp derp), plays like he's 5'7". Good god he's awful. I'm just glad he's going to UMass next year...I'm a UNH fan, need the power plays.

Hows he going to UMass if he's so bad? Sounds like a guy that would draw 0 interest if hes as bad as u say.

Analyzer*

Sounds like a guy who does what he does because he's bigger than everyone else and to play in the NHL, or even the AHL this guy's one good attribute would quickly go away as people beat the **** out of him.

IkeaMonkey*

Sounds like a guy who does what he does because he's bigger than everyone else and to play in the NHL, or even the AHL this guy's one good attribute would quickly go away as people beat the **** out of him.

Yep.

IkeaMonkey*

habs should sign him... for fighting heavy Chara:sarcasm:

Chara's not short enough. Yevenko seems to only fight players under 6 feet. He did take on Dubuque's big Dman once though...and got his head beat in.

Yeti

HFBoards Partner
Feb 19, 2005
www.lincolnstarsblog.com
I have to agree pretty much with DynamoAO. I'm a Lincoln Stars season ticket holder, so I've seen Oleg in person more than a few times.

Positives is that he has a very heavy shot, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. He has taken on some of our heavyweights, and I have yet to see him really lose a fight. He wins most fights with his reach.

The big negative with Oleg is that he take a LOT of dumb penalties. From what I've seen of him, I wouldn't consider him a NHL prospect.

turbodaze

Mar 18, 2011
he was in the penalty box 3 times in 1 game this past week! lol I seen it! Stampede got a goal from 1 or 2 of them lol.

Scott NS

Mar 30, 2011
Nova Scotia
He sounds like Boris Valabik without the skill, big guy who tries to fight but can't beat his own d^^k... Oh boy it's bad when a guy can make Boris Valabik sound skillful.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Dude is @#%^%^^**^&ing terrible......Terrible skater

I know this is an old thread but this guy showed up tot he Islanders rookie training camp as a walk on, I have to say for a guy 6'7' I was amazed how he skates. Can't really say much else about him but if he went from a terrible skater to what I saw today in a matter of a year. wow

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I didn't see the prospects game but people on our board thought he did well, certainly not as bad as the comments above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad