LD Nikolai Makarov - Krasnaya Armiya Moskva, MHL (2021, 132nd, CBJ)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is a player who I think is very underrated right now. Players his size rarely can skate. If they can skate, that usually makes them at minimum a middle round pick. And players his size who can skate who have the hands and composure with the puck to move it capably rarely are complete unknowns. He doesn't yet have any offense in his game, but I don't think it's impossible he develops offense. He has a lot of tools. This is the type of player I would want to pick because there's huge upside if he develops well.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Extended his KHL contract until the end of 2024/25.
Not necessarily a bad thing. Similar to what Gavrikov did before coming over. He needs the development time and CBJ pathway on D is a bit stacked. I love this kid and hope he continues to improve and grow. Will be a big year for him.

Do you know if he has aspirations of playing in the NHL? He has some skills that I think will give him the opportunity. Hoping he'll sign with CBJ after this next deal. would seem about right.

Reactions: Monk

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not necessarily a bad thing. Similar to what Gavrikov did before coming over. He needs the development time and CBJ pathway on D is a bit stacked. I love this kid and hope he continues to improve and grow. Will be a big year for him.

Do you know if he has aspirations of playing in the NHL? He has some skills that I think will give him the opportunity. Hoping he'll sign with CBJ after this next deal. would seem about right.
I know you didn't ask me and I don't know how Makarov has answered these questions in the past, but all of them want to play in the NHL eventually.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I know you didn't ask me and I don't know how Makarov has answered these questions in the past, but all of them want to play in the NHL eventually.
Thanks. I'll always take input wherever I can get it. I know many indicate they want to play in the NHL but some, like Chinakhov for example, seem as though they wouldn't have minded playing in the AHL and work their way up. Others seem to be NHL or bust. So I guess was just interested if he's every expressed that desire of "I'm going to try the NHL" no matter what type attitude (really driven) or just says he wants to play in the NHL. Not sure I'm making sense but some desire, others hope.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thanks. I'll always take input wherever I can get it. I know many indicate they want to play in the NHL but some, like Chinakhov for example, seem as though they wouldn't have minded playing in the AHL and work their way up. Others seem to be NHL or bust. So I guess was just interested if he's every expressed that desire of "I'm going to try the NHL" no matter what type attitude (really driven) or just says he wants to play in the NHL. Not sure I'm making sense but some desire, others hope.
I wouldn't actually say it is really important what they are stating that way, as they are saying only what their agents are telling them to say. For example with Chinakhov the situation was that some bridges were burned at that point, so he had not much of other choices anyway, so it made sense to say that kind of stuff. I'm not saying he lied or something, I just mean that it is "Nothing personal, just business" type of things.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It's like that with MHL measurements lol. With that being said I doubt that 6'1" is also the correct height.
Seeing him beside Grigorenko who is a tall guy made me really notice it. Made him look small

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just one assist but he's averaging 15 minutes of ice time and is +11 through 21 games for defending champion CSKA as a 20-year-old.

Anything to see given the depth in the Bluejackets organization?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad